CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t think Fox will release a weekend estimate under the original Deadpool. 

Infinity War goes crazy on Saturdays! 

If it gets to the $45.5M that EC said it could possibly get to then yes they won't release one less than DP BUT if it gets to $43M or less there's no way they're going to get away with releasing an estimate more than the original. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Let’s activate the Solo Weekend Thread. 

Reveal hidden contents

Are you going to be bringing the ban hammer? 

Edited by Nova

When AIW crosses 600M, MCU would have 3 movies above 600M DOM, except Disney only Fox, Paramount and Universal have movies above 600M with one each. WB's highest grosser is TDK with 534M. MCU can also have two movies above 700M if AIW manages a great hold next weekend.

Deadpool has straight up awful early evening shows at my theatre tonight. But then my late night showing was almost sold out, and it’s second screen was jam packed as well. Weird.

That's what I find to be a bummer about following box office now. Unrealistic expectations makes for an obnoxiously grumpy forum. Less people are going to the overly expensive cinemas and people keep up their unrealistic expectations regardless. Black Panther way over performed beyond anyone's wildest dreams, asking every other film to over perform to that degree is absurd. The fact that Infinity War is going to do so much better than Age of Ultron in North America is a freaking triumph. I was thinking like 530mil a year ago and it's already well past that. 700mil and bypassing the way over performing Black Panther is not the threshold for success. The film is already a success and it will be one regardless if it makes 670mil instead of 700mil. 

If you are rooting for 700mil because you joined a club, I'm not talking about you in this rant.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

When should we expect a deadline update?

They didn’t bother to report Friday estimates yesterday’s late night so probably won’t do so today either.

But @Rthanos was updating in the OS threads earlier, so maybe he’ll grace us with another update in the domestic thread too :ph34r: 

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

IW will pass what I predicted for it in the Summer Game either today or tomorrow, which is annoying.

JW passed what I predicted for it in the 2015 game in 4.5 days. 

bvdck0w.gif

• Haha 1