Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

While I agree that no one asked for this movie, I do want to add that out of state, marketing for Solo was abysmal. And by abysmal it was non-existent. A lot of members who live in certain territories talked about how it didn't even feel like the movie was coming out. Between the terrible ass marketing in the states and the non-existent marketing else where one has to wonder why Disney would do a Star Wars film dirty like that. 

I think Disney might have thrown the towel on the movie after all the production problems and possibly the divisive reception TLJ got, the same way WB did for Justice League.

Edited by Mekanos

Just now, Mekanos said:

I think Disney might have thrown the towel in the movie after all the production problems and possibly the divisive reception TLJ got, the same way WB did for Justice League.

except they didn't. The film has received loads of marketing and tie ins

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

"along with John Swartz, a producer at Lucasfilm, and talked about their hopes for the future of “Star Wars.” 

But excluded all males right? Come on.

The article clearly stated she made the story group all female. That meeting doesn't necessarily refer to the story meetings.

Anyway, clearly I'm just a rambling "dude bro" (isn't practically everyone here a dude? why are you using your own gender as an insult?) and 'The Women Who Run Star Wars' in a franchise that has already unceremoniously killed off its two male leads is not worth questioning.

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Leaving that though, I will say that I felt like Solo felt more like a winter film than a summer film while watching it. It felt like something that should come out closer to the holidays.

That's one of the problems with Disney's "every movie is a tentpole!" strategy... there are only so many tentpole dates

I mean, look at THIS shit:

Captain Marvel Buena Vista 3/8/19
Dumbo (2019) Buena Vista 3/29/19
Untitled Avengers Buena Vista 5/3/19
Aladdin (2019) Buena Vista 5/24/19
Toy Story 4 Buena Vista 6/21/19
The Lion King (Live Action) Buena Vista 7/19/19
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Hunch said:

I love the female characters in Star Wars (even Rey became interesting in Last Jedi), and I'm glad they created more of them, but is it not sexist to exclude an entire gender from something, simply because they are part of that gender?

If those attitudes extend to how they treat the male characters, then it could very well have an effect on the box office.

Damn, I didn't know any of that and it is so fucked.

the fact you are getting ridiculed for pointing out such a bigoted work environment and process open to bias shows exactly how these racist, sexist, bigot arguments lose all bite.

people are really insinuating this poster is the bigot for pointing out a conscious decision was made to have only hire type of person?

Just now, Hunch said:

The article clearly stated she made the story group all female. That meeting doesn't necessarily refer to the story meetings.

Anyway, clearly I'm just a rambling "dude bro" (isn't practically everyone here a dude? why are you using your own gender as an insult?) and 'The Women Who Run Star Wars' in a franchise that has already unceremoniously killed off its two male leads is not worth questioning.

Are you braindead Pablo Hidalgo, Matt Martin, and Leeland Chee are all part of the Story Group. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lucasfilm_Story_Group

Just now, Chewy said:

That's one of the problems with Disney's "every movie is a tentpole!" strategy... there are only so many tentpole dates

Yep. And notice which one comes last, thereby most likely to suffer from fatigue. 

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Dumbo, Aladdin, and Lion King all in one year is absolutely hilarious to me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ocarina of Time has fantastic foundations for a compelling adventure film. Just have to work on adapting the characterizations well for film, which would be the tricky part. 

The OOT manga does a pretty good job of it. But outside of a two-parter I think it would be really difficult to adapt the actual game proper to a feasible movie runtime. 

Imagine OOT Part 1 though where it ends with Link becoming an adult :jeb!:

Edited by Mekanos

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Dumbo, Aladdin, and Lion King all in one year is absolutely hilarious to me.

It's 3 and a half months! If they were like 4 months apart each then okay

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hunch said:

Dude, I just don't think that's why they killed off those characters and I'm not using gender as an insult. I'm just stating that there is probably more to that quote regarding the writers room. We already know Harrison Ford wanted out. How is that KK's fault again? Nevermind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Laughable opening, Star Wars fatigue is setting in...it's no longer an event. 

Jumanji holding it's own against The Last Jedi already showed that studios need not be afraid of Star Wars anymore if their movie has the goods of course. 

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

There's overkill and then there's whatever the fuck this is.

• Like 1

Twitter isn't agreeing with all of you! I'm not saying it was a great film but it didn't suck and it was a fun adventure film. The pacing of the second half is up there with the original Star Wars film and the Falcon stuff in ESB as far as action. 

• Like 1