Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I've seen footage from Dumbo, Aladdin and The Lion King.  

The Lion King is an all time grossing film.

Dumbo looks great.

Aladdin looks completely wrong.  Terrible.  

Is Dumbo over Aladdin Possible?

1 minute ago, Nova said:

A guaranteed $1B grosser. And that's just domestic too. 

Depending on how Disney does the reshuffling to bring Deadpool into the MCU I hope they bring him back and Deadpool just embarrasses him by asking how he's not dead.

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I've seen footage from Dumbo, Aladdin and The Lion King.  

The Lion King is an all time grossing film.

Dumbo looks great.

Aladdin looks completely wrong.  Terrible.  

Hmm sounds like Dumbo could be a big surprise. Disney please move Lion King to December. I want it to make 750 million+ Domestic 

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

Just got back. Holy shit, Solo: a Star Wars story was total bullshit. An irritating/tedious bore. Pacing was so shitty. Not a fun summer movie at all. Will have more in RTM

Pacing? It was non-stop action..... did you really see it?  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

No surprised regarding TLK. That has all the signs already with that cast and crew.

Huh, so Dumbo could be an early surprise then?

But Aladdin a failure? How could they screw that up so badly. I mean the character designs of like Jafar would be hard to translate to screen and you can't replicate Robin Williams Genie performance....but it should be possible just based on Aladdin and Jasmines chemistry alone. Apu should be easy to do. Guessing Guy Ritchie....but why Disney would sacrifice one of it's biggest animated properties if it's bad doesn't make sense to me.

Hopefully they delay it if others who have seen the footage feel the same way. 2019 doesn't need it.

Yeah, Aladdin has HUGE potential if done right. Easily BatB numbers, and it could spawn a franchise.

It might actually be better for Disney to move it one or two years and entirely redo it, even if it costs $500m. It would be worth it for the potential sequels.

5 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Lion King and Aladdin are my 1/2 favs for Disney animation movies but Aladdin was always gonna be difficult to translate to live action. And I still don’t know why Guy Ritchie.

Aladdin is meant to be a 'wise cracking street urchin' like a lot of the characters in Guy Ritchie's films. They were also thinking of the Sherlock films.

29 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Captain Marvel goes to BP's release, Dumbo stays put, TA4 goes to IW's release, Aladdin goes to TLK's spot, TS4 stays put, TLK goes to IX's spot, IX goes to Dec 2020. There. 

This would work wonder if wasn't for Avatar 2

Star Wars needs a break after TLJ and Solo

TLK would do insane number with holiday spot