Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Someone tell me if there's anything back on the menu with that IW Sunday number. Seems crazy big if true.

I think 670M is looking likely now, with a potential to reach 675M.

• Like 1

maybe that had something to do with Sat / Sun difference?

9 hours ago

All films over will now have extra competition to deal with. 1st time in nearly 40 years that will have a Game 7 for both conference finals. Shd be big TV ratings tonight & MON night impacting big action movies at the .

Just now, terrestrial said:

maybe that had something to do with Sat / Sun difference?

The Eastern Conference Finals were on tonight (Sunday) so the films wouldn't have held as well as they did if the ECF were having THAT much of an effect 

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

The Eastern Conference Finals were on tonight (Sunday) so the films wouldn't have held as well as they did if the ECF were having THAT much of an effect 

Thank you

Based on the NBA part I am guessing it is about a sports thingie, but why it is called a conference? I imagine business ppl or politicians sitting together to discuss things with that term

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

Thank you

Based on the NBA part I am guessing it is about a sports thingie, but why it is called a conference? I imagine business ppl or politicians sitting together to discuss things with that term

That's how teams are divided up in sports in the USA. They are divided up into conferences (in the NBA there is a West and East) and then from there they are divided up into divisions. It's just a way to create standings for the playoffs and then once the playoffs arrive teams within each conference play each other until there is one team from each conference left.

if you're asking me why they're called conferences, I couldn't tell you :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Thank you

Way of grouping teams for tournament, half of them are in eastern conference and other half in western conference

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hey, at least the movie will be remembered for something aside from its behind-the-scenes troubles.

Solo blessed us. It could have done a perfectly acceptable and boring 110/140/250-270 domestic and 350OS for O/U 600M WW for not a great but an okay run. Instead it gave us this amazing OS performance and way below par domestic as well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Thank you

Well they used to be called Divisions but they adopted the Conference title in the 70s I think. 

Plus the Conference aspect kind of applies to those sets of teams regularly "meeting up and coming together" in the All-Star games/playoffs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

The game 7 was this Sunday but there was a big game 6 saturday also I think.

Yes there was a big game 6 between the Warriors and Rockets on Saturday night. There was also a big game 6 between the Celtics and Cavs on Friday night. I don't know if any of the games are having effects on the weekend though. I guess if Monday drops aren't too good one could conclude that the Western Conference Finals was having an effect but that the Eastern Conference Finals wasn't but im not sure lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

That's how teams are divided up in sports in the USA. They are divided up into conferences (in the NBA there is a West and East) and then from there they are divided up into divisions. It's just a way to create standings for the playoffs and then once the playoffs arrive teams within each conference play each other until there is one team from each conference left.

if you're asking me why they're called conferences, I couldn't tell you :ph34r:

Thank you again

My brain now kind of imagines players sitting together and speak about game theory instead of playing their sport.

Or 'discuss' bodily like in a bar brawl

Stupid brain of mine

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Solo blessed us. It could have done a perfectly acceptable and boring 110/140/250-270 domestic and 350OS for O/U 600M WW for not a great but an okay run. Instead it gave us this amazing OS performance and way below par domestic as well.

The overseas rejection is honestly much more surprising to me than its domestic underperformance.

• Like 2