Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

45 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

The Lost World: Jurassic Park from eons ago, had a $24.4M Saturday. 

Just sayin'

Also had a 26.1m Sunday. How many MD openers since then have seen Sunday increases? None, I checked. Perhaps it's happened before, but dailies are hard to come by before ~97

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

you make me laugh too

I watched the directors cut and not the cinema one.. maybe i'm missing something?

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

That's the opinion of someone who has never watched Dances with Wolves before.

See you at midnight release

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Justice League vs Avengers (the thing it was aiming for) is about a $900m diffference WW. 

Solo vs Rogue One will be about a $500m difference. 

Finally, a win for Solo over JL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

Both BvS and TLJ are bad and damaged the brand which is why JL and Solo are giving us such entertaining meltdowns. 

Bingo. That’s really all there is to it. Which one is “worse” is pretty meaningless.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Also had a 26.1m Sunday. How many MD openers since then have seen Sunday increases? None, I checked. Perhaps it's happened before, but dailies are hard to come by before ~97

Actually, just out of interest I went and checked. If BOM's dailies are right it's happened only two other times since 1982, those being, Temple of Doom and Jedi :). Some movies don't have any daily numbers though.

‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Advance Ticket Sales Already Breaking Records, Besting ‘Black Panther’

Z5RbCLr.gif

‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Tracking for Huge $170 Million Memorial Day Launch

giphy.gif

‘Solo’ Could Break $139M Stateside Memorial Day Opening Record; Global Conquest Eyes $305M+

Cd0msJ5.gif&key=f331601fab885bd6b78c14ac

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

8 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Justice League vs Avengers (the thing it was aiming for) is about a $900m diffference WW. 

Solo vs Rogue One will be about a $500m difference. 

That is optimistic. $500m difference would be $556m WW  for Solo. 

It will probably be more like: $230m Dom and $220m so down atleast $600m from R1.

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's been worst than Justice League since we got the dire international numbers. Get ready for the myriad of think-pieces. come Tuesday.

"Solo's Poor Box Office Means Star Wars Fans Reject White Male Leads"

"Solo was everything The Last Jedi Haters Wanted from Star Wars, Here's Why People Shouldn't Listen to Them"

"Solo Just Lost Disney Money - Here's Why That's a Good Thing"

"Did Disney Let Solo Flop so They Have a Safe Non-Progressive Voice Leading Star Wars?

"The Subtle Misogyny of Not Going to See Solo"

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Word of mouth for this is very good right now. All the fan sites, blogs and forums are buzzing. Even the GA reaction seems to be great. If ever there was evidence that the RT audience score has been poisoned by trolls and bots its this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, GirafficPark said:

Word of mouth for this is very good right now. All the fan sites, blogs and forums are buzzing. Even the GA reaction seems to be great. If ever there was evidence that the RT audience score has been poisoned by trolls and bots its this.

citation needed

• Like 1