Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

This is a B O M B ppl aren't even gonna be able to do their little "oh it'll make money after you factor in home media" spiel. Goodness

• Like 2

The level of rejection WW is what is really interesting to me. Every country, be it a favorable one for Star Wars or one of the growing markets where people don't care for the franchise, just decided to not show up for the movie. We rarely get such a unanimous rejection of a movie, especially Star Wars where this is pretty much unprecedented.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Missandei made the right call in hitching her coattails to Fast and Furious while it was rising to its peak

And a second GoTer in F8, Vin is fearless

6 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Probably mid-high 80s ow needed for 230-240 dom and 450 ww:

88*2.67 = 235

with a 52-48 Dom-OS split, 235+215=450 ww

500 ww looks far away unless Asgards spring a surprise with Fri 4-5 higher than Deadline's.

88M OW will need 33m to go up to a solid 37m, imo. 240 from that is a 2.7x multi, one of the best for any big memorial day opener. Will need some strong WOM for that. So in other words, that scenario assumes 33 to go up significantly and the movie to get strong WOM. Seems like a reach right now to me. 

Edited by MovieMan89

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean it is Deadline and it is early so you never know, but they've done nothing but overestimate this movie hugely. Even last night they tried to imply their 130-150 range could still happen with 13-15 previews. I'd be pretty shocked if they're lowballing the early numbers here.

:wintf::hahaha:

Just now, Mekanos said:

Deadline tried to use the same thursday/3-day multiplier as Iron Man 3... just really crappy journalism all around.

Deadline is a mouthpiece for studios, just read it understanding that and you'll be fine

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

And a second GoTer in F8, Vin is fearless

but look where it's GOT him the family has been torn apart. 

also which game of thrones guy for the Statham/Rock movie i'm betting the hound

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The level of rejection WW is what is really interesting to me. Every country, be it a favorable one for Star Wars or one of the growing markets where people don't care for the franchise, just decided to not show up for the movie. We rarely get such a unanimous rejection of a movie, especially Star Wars where this is pretty much unprecedented.

This. This should be discussed more. We've seen signs of reverting to regular patterns after TFA with RO and TLJ but this is an outright rejection/indifference/don't care. It's rare to see such a big brand name fail to connect on such a big level. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

At the same time, this isn’t an episodic that propels the overall SW narrative forward nor a prequel that fills a narrative hole/pet peeve. No surprise this isn’t reaching typical SW highs because this isn’t typical.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Hound is a good call, maybe Littlefinger

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

The Mountain and maybe Podrick. 

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

yup, at least Transformers 5 and Justice League did well in sOME markets. It seems Solo is underperforming/bombing everywhere

• Like 1

If this misses 100 4-day it will be some story...

20 (34 OD)

25 (+25%)

22.5 (-10%)

18 (-20%)

= 99.5 4-Day

Maybe unrealistic but didn't think it would even be feasible a few hours back.

• Like 1

Just now, Jay Beezy said:

At the same time, this isn’t an episodic that propels the overall SW narrative forward nor a prequel that fills a narrative hole/pet peeve. No surprise this isn’t reaching typical SW highs because this isn’t typical.

We are miles away from typical SW highs here. It’s going to do in total what SW movies do on OW.

• Like 2