WrathOfHan

Wednesday Numbers: Solo 4.9M | Deadpool 3.9M | Book Club 1.6M | Infinity War 1.5M

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Intensely curious to see whether DP and IW drop near Solo or very softly like everything else. Hopefully the latter.

IW will drop lighter than DP and Solo.  

They are panicking like crazy cause after yesterday Trevorrow/Hamill combo of TLJ shades, Ron Howard joined in with liking TLJ shading tweets. It seems they think Solo boxoffice will be saved if fans see that Howard isn't a TLJ fan either. :hahaha:

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

I posted this elsewhere in here (The CCC) but there is some interest in it as a few of you have commented on FB or here or whats app.

So I'll post it here too....have a read, you might get a kick out of it.

https://www.top10films.co.uk/45516-meeting-hollywoods-biggest-stars-dan-grants-top-10-encounters-with-tinseltown/

It's my top ten encounters I've had with celebs....I even mention this site (not by name...but I mention it and the summer game).

@chasmmi

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm almost certain it will hit 200.  If DOFP managed to hit 200 with similar opening weekend numbers, so will Solo.

I'd wait for this weekend before being totally certain.  An enormous drop could intensive week 4-5 theater drops, and without those summer weekdays (and a Father's Day holiday in 3K+ theaters), it could struggle...

I mean, this could run like Alien Covenant as much as any other movie...Okay critically reviewed and audience feedback prequel that really only brought out fans, and no one else...

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I posted this elsewhere in here (The CCC) but there is some interest in it as a few of you have commented on FB or here or whats app.

https://www.top10films.co.uk/45516-meeting-hollywoods-biggest-stars-dan-grants-top-10-encounters-with-tinseltown/

It's my top ten encounters I've had with celebs....I even mention this site (not by name...but I mention it and the summer game).

@chasmmi

So cool...you should post anything you write here...I'll happily read it, since I normally enjoy your posts:)...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd wait for this weekend before being totally certain.  An enormous drop could intensive week 4-5 theater drops, and without those summer weekdays (and a Father's Day holiday in 3K+ theaters), it could struggle...

I mean, this could run like Alien Covenant as much as any other movie...Okay critically reviewed and audience feedback prequel that really only brought out fans, and no one else...

It needs to have a good drop this weekend because I believe next weekend it's losing PLF and IMAX(?) screens to Ocean's 8 which would make its 3rd weekend drop even worse than normal. 

48 minutes ago, baumer said:

Life of the Party only down 21%.

The far more surprising Life of the Party number: yesterday’s gross was only -7% from last Wednesday’s gross. The film found some solid legs in the past 10 days and it should easily pass I Feel Pretty now after that being doubtful earlier in the month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I wish there was a feature to block any post that used a certain acronym.  As it stands I'm going to have to start blocking users.

If that was partially directed at me, then I apologize for using DOFP.  You are right, there are better ways to express myself.  I too get frustrated with all the acronyms at times.

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So cool...you should post anything you write here...I'll happily read it, since I normally enjoy your posts:)...

Thank you.  I just don't want to hi-jack the thread.  But since it has to do with some Hollywood stuff, I thought people would get a kick out of it.

And if you are so inclined, leave a comment on the actual top ten site....it's good for editor of the site to see comments.  

And thanks for the kind words.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I wish there was a feature to block any post that used a certain acronym.  As it stands I'm going to have to start blocking users.

I feel like I am Dormammu and TLJ is my Doctor Strange :P, I can't get rid of it and to make matters worse there's a TLJ spoiler discussion thread on the homepage :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

what is this hold? how long has been old-woman left at home? The film carry no amazing RT score or phenomenal level of Wom, doing this kind of leggy run!

It does have terrific wom.  Not all wom is typed out on the internet.  Sometimes wom is just people telling other people to go see something.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

@chasmmi

Great article @baumer. James Belushi and John Ritter meeting is my favorite :)

• Thanks 1