CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

As a lesbian, I cringed so hard that they thought Pratt was the guy (let alone the Chris) we'd go bi for.  🙄

Who would you go bi for?

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I absolutely despised that scene where the boys talked about their parents getting a divorce. This 10-year old boy is crying that his family's relationship will fall apart, and Love Simon's getting mad at him for getting upset over shit kids should be upset and sad over. Love Simon was an asshole throughout the movie, but telling his brother to suck it up like that was fucking disgusting, and it's despicable that part in the script was even approved.

The older brother was just a douche in general. He can't be torn apart from his girlfriend at the start of the movie and once he gets to the park he starts checking out other girls lmao. Too bad a dino didn't eat him.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again might end up being more profitable than both JWFK and Grinch if it makes $400-550m WW

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

First one was apparently the most profitable Universal title in history, it broke many home video and some soundtrack record.

Those title can be tricky to predict quite a bit, lot of the JWFK type of movies profit can be going into Spielberg and other pocket, making you right.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Sometimes its way more heated sometimes less. Sometimes people just post the dinosaur saying Alan over and over again because they can't be clever on their own.

A-L-A-N.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I'm an Evans man myself. Hemsworth too. But I'm also bisexual so...

Yahtzee.

@JB33 (instead of double posting.)

Edited by captainwondyful

From the Sacramento Seat Reports, Final Report:

DP2:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

49.32%

JW:FK

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

45.41%

Solo:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

42.81%

Preview Numbers:

DP2:   18.6

JW:FK:  15.3

Solo:   14.1

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. :shades:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Sometimes its way more heated sometimes less. Sometimes people just post the dinosaur saying Alan over and over again because they can't be clever on their own.

tenor.gif?itemid=9139616

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I absolutely despised that scene where the boys talked about their parents getting a divorce. This 10-year old boy is crying that his family's relationship will fall apart, and Love Simon's getting mad at him for getting upset over shit kids should be upset and sad over. Love Simon was an asshole throughout the movie, but telling his brother to suck it up like that was fucking disgusting, and it's despicable that part in the script was even approved.

Teenage boy being awful is maybe the most reasonable characterization in there tho

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blankments said:

Btw, I wanted to offer this here in the weekend thread

@baumer if you watch Incredibles 1 and post your thoughts on the board, I’ll donate $20 to the site. I’m legit curious what you’d think of it since you said last week you’ve never seen it, and it’s got a totally different style than any other Pixar movie

Will do my best to find it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

-16% for Deadpool. expecting about the same for I2

was fearing -20%.

-16% bodes well for 5m+.

at the minimum :

1.39 (+61%) // last 2 Fridays +74, +75%

1.83 (+31%) // last 2 Sats +55%, +41%

1.39 (-24%) // last 2 Suns -25%, -7% (FD)

= 4.61 / 303.51 cume

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

From the Sacramento Seat Reports, Final Report:

DP2:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

49.32%

JK:FK

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

45.41%

Solo:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

42.81%

Preview Numbers:

DP2:   18.6

JK:FK:  15.3

Solo:   14.1

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. :shades:

Shouldn't the Solo and JW2 preview numbers have been switched based on that? Or do these counts not account for walkups?

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Shouldn't the Solo and JW2 preview numbers have been switched based on that? Or do these counts not account for walkups?

I'm going by percentage of tickets sold in this metric.  Also on a flat number of tickets sold, JW2 outsold Solo locally. [edit: 1.0758x more than Solo, for the record]

It is true that Solo sold out a few more shows than JW2.  But on overall seats sold basis, FK did better.

There is a minor wrinkle as I lost out on about an hours worth of sales for Solo, as I went to the first showing of it.  But Solo was doing so relatively poorly that I probably only missed out on maybe 100 tickets or so sold.  And since I'm going for a broad expectation and not an exact correlation, It'll suffice for me. :)

===

There are a few other minor differences (JW2 was in more theaters locally, but Solo was on more screens per theater) that make exact comparisons difficult.  But, eh, I'm satisfied with the result.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2