baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Like I said, those are opinions (and the first one is taken out of context and twisted) and nothing wrong with being wrong on those.  

What dumbfuck @MovieMan89 and yourself and many others do very often is twist and turn everything and anything into whatever fits the narrative.  On this very page you have MovieMan89 making some inane argument in response to a post that is completely inaccurate.  

You morons operate off pure emotion, which is hilarious for a site based on numbers and math and facts and statistical trends.  Somehow what should be a fun site to discuss the numbers of everything turns into this emotional drivel.  

Seriously who the hell do you think you are ? Because you post some, usually not very accurate , numbers here you have the right to bathe everyone else with your insults, your vulgar language and your bullshit. The mods won’t tell you this, some people are afraid to do so, so I will ....SHUT THE FUCK UP. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Participation is going to be much higher.  Reynolds will be making even more bank on the back end as actor writer, producer

Yea I figured as much. Which is why I'm thinking the figure is closure to $150M (and possibly less than that). I have no clue which is why I asked. 

I'll be interested in the breakdown for it though

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

So what are the chances that Ashes gets nominated for a best original song at the Oscars? I really wanna see Celine Dion perform with Deadpool in the background :rofl:

The lights are dark.  A single spotlight on Celine throughout the first verse.  Then she hits "out of AAASHES", and then the lights go up, and there's a company of dancers dressed as Deadpool in heels.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Like I said, those are opinions (and the first one is taken out of context and twisted) and nothing wrong with being wrong on those.  

What dumbfuck @MovieMan89 and yourself and many others do very often is twist and turn everything and anything into whatever fits the narrative.  On this very page you have MovieMan89 making some inane argument in response to a post that is completely inaccurate.  

You morons operate off pure emotion, which is hilarious for a site based on numbers and math and facts and statistical trends.  Somehow what should be a fun site to discuss the numbers of everything turns into this emotional drivel.  

This is pure projection. You were the same with The Last Jedi, insulting everyone and denying the objective truth until even your mental gymnastics couldn't do it anymore. And mods wouldn't do anything bcs ""insider""

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

I wonder how much profit Deadpool 2 is going to bring in for Fox. I know the first one had a net profit of $322M (according to Deadline) but since this one cost $110M and will likely bring in $85M less or so I'm wondering how much lower that number is. I'm guessing it'll be a net profit of $150M-$200M? 

That sounds about right, following Deadline's method (not sure how close they are to reality, probably an informed but difficult guess without knowing all details of contracts etc).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Seriously who the hell do you think you are ? Because you post some, usually not very accurate , numbers here you have the right to bathe everyone else with your insults, your vulgar language and your bullshit. The mods won’t tell you this, some people are afraid to do so, so I will ....SHUT THE FUCK UP. 

What was that?  Did you say something?  

Nice of your parents to let you use the computer tonight.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

You do know they have at least three more movies already in production? They are not going to "reboot" anything. And why would they when 4/5 of these movies have been hits?

Giving up on the "franchise" scheme wouldn't necessarily be wise either:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=dccomics.htm

Except Batman movies, they had 0 hits since Superman II (1981). A "reboot" could mean a return to the glory days of Catwoman and Green Lantern.

Superman III was a hit. Lousy sequel, but a hit regardless. 

Anyway DCEU (or whatever they're calling themselves these days) won't reboot, you can thank WW for that. They'll shrug off those creative duds and move on like the X-Men movies and their infamous continuity issues did. And until King Mickey finally takes over Fox, they were financially having a good run for the most part the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

DescriptiveOffbeatGander-size_restricted

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

I wonder how much profit Deadpool 2 is going to bring in for Fox. I know the first one had a net profit of $322M (according to Deadline) but since this one cost $110M and will likely bring in $85M less or so I'm wondering how much lower that number is. I'm guessing it'll be a net profit of $150M-$200M? 

I'm sure Fox took all of this into consideration when they green lit dP2.  RR also gets a bigger slice of the pie via back end this time around.  It's just the cost of doing business when you have an incredibly successful film that no one saw coming.

Remember Breaking Dawn 1 and 2?  The budgets for the other sequels were around 60 million and then BD1 and BD2 shot up to around 120 and that's because the big three demanded and received 20 mill per movie....again, cost of doing business.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Meh, sorry mods.  

I will try to stop responding to the idiot crowd that is posting on mom and dad's wifi while eating hot pockets and jerking off to Harley Quinn fan art.  

This post gave me serious J.K. Simmons in Whiplash vibes lmao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

What was that?  Did you say something?  

Nice of your parents to let you use the computer tonight.  

Why did you have to quote him? I have him on ignore for a reason.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Wasn’t Ryan always a producer on DP? I’m sure he got a bigger paycheck on this but he always seemed keen on keeping costs low and maintaining the R-rated freedom. Given that it was a point of conflict between him and Miller, I don’t see any skyrocketing costs on DP2. Also new cast members probably weren’t that expensive either although Brolin is probably getting paid more for the next one. 

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

The lights are dark.  A single spotlight on Celine throughout the first verse.  Then she hits "out of AAASHES", and then the lights go up, and there's a company of dancers dressed as Deadpool in heels.

THIS is why I need it to happen. Like could you imagine how great it would and then to just have Celine have a straight face throughout the whole thing :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Wasn’t Ryan always a producer on DP? I’m sure he got a bigger paycheck on this but he always seemed keen on keeping costs low and maintaining the R-rated freedom. Given that it was a point of conflict between him and Miller, I don’t see any skyrocketing costs on DP2. Also new cast members probably weren’t that expensive either although Brolin is probably getting paid more for the next one. 

He took a pay cut for DP1 so it would get made, I heard.

• Community Manager

Here's the fanboy thread:

You can discuss The Last Jedi here:

And of course you should check out the thread for the best science fiction movie currently out:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2