Jayhawk the Hutt

Knives Out | Nov 27 2019 | 18th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Amazon Prime June 12

This film is fucking hilarious. Had so much fun watching it at the screening with a lively audience. 

The cast is wonderful and the film really rolls along with its superb dialogue. Highly recommend it if you're looking for something fun to watch in theaters. 

• Like 12
  • Astonished 1

I honestly expect this movie to suck.

Dumb reviews haven't swayed me one bit. I always believe my experience and instincts over some hysterical or paid buffoons.

Having said that, RJ is a total disaster at sci-fi - and this is not sci-fi, so maybe he fucked it up less this time around.

Edited by shayhiri

2 hours ago, shayhiri said:

I honestly expect this movie to suck.

Dumb reviews haven't swayed me one bit. I always believe my experience and instincts over some hysterical or paid buffoons.

Having said that, RJ is a total disaster at sci-fi - and this is not sci-fi, so maybe he fucked it up less this time around.

Looper?

45 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Looper?

Really, really hate it, thank you. So I am not just a Last Jedi hater, I hated RJ way before that - and was really worried for Episode 8 way before I saw it.

The Brothers Bloom was OK, I remember - but really nothing special. Let's hope this (KO) builds upon The Brothers Bloom.

10 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I don't recall Craig ever being this er cuddly during promo :rock:

Craig is actually super fun and cuddly IRL and Logan Lucky is probably the best thing that happened to him since Bond for it showed off his amazing comic timing. It led to getting the part in Knives Out. I'm glad he's getting utilized more and hopefully has a strong career after Bond. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Reactions seem muted compared to The Joker.

Knives Out is not an awards player so reactions don't have to be OMG GIVE IT BEST PICTURE AND ACTOR when it wasn't made for it. The movie's a commercial play and appears to be above average for is genre (unlike, lets say, Just Mercy that seems to be as average as any TV courtroom drama, good acting aside).

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

At first glance, I thought this Gosford Park all over again.

What RJ did to SW is unforgettably evil but that won't stop me to check out this one if it is available and got me hyped  .  

No. RJ didn't make the movie on his own. if you want unforgettably evil, look no further from people who approved his movie ever step of the way. Mr Iger and Mrs Kennedy most of all, but Mr Abrams was implicated too as the executive producer. RJ showed them the script, showed them dailies, showed them rough cut, showed them theatrical cut. he finished filming ahead of schedule. They had plenty of time to correct him at any point if they thought there was something to correct. And by correction I mean anything from demanding re-writes and re-shoots, to locking him out of the editing room (Edwards) and bringing in another man to finish the job (Gilroy) to outright firing him at any point such as pre-production (Trank, Trevorrow) or end of production (L&M) and bring a new director (Opie). They didn't do any of it not because RJ is mafia boss's nephew so they lived in fear but because they believed in his vision and loved his vision. It's very simple. there's no villain or villains. It's just that group of people that makes creative and business decisions happened to be in sync about where the movie should go and part of fandom strongly disagreed with them.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I am all in. Though still skeptical of it's commercial prospects. Unconvinced of it making enough money to be commercially successful on it's mid-sized budget. So happy for Rian, dude deserves this.

I think at the very least this should reach a solid $50-60M total. Seems more accessible than something like Bad Times at the El Royale ever did.

• Like 1