grim22

Weekend Thread | Preview #s The Nun 5.4M, Peppermint 750k

So, I guess The Nun will be getting a sequel that's actually a prequel ( like Annabelle Creation ).

The Nun: Creation.  I still have to see The Nun, but lots of people have said the movie has "funny" scenes. Just get Whoopi Goldberg for the next flick. XD

I also think they'll be making a movie about the Crooked Man from The Conjuring 2. By he way, same actor was Slenderman.

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

And as of now only Wonder Woman has been a success. The odds are stacked against them. Things aren’t looking all too well.  

Either way congrats to The Nun.  

1aHeWmT_zpsyjdix2ix.gif

Depends on your definition. Critically? Definitely. Financially? Only JL was a disappointment and that still made 650M

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, I guess The Nun will be getting a sequel that's actually a prequel ( like Annabelle Creation ).

The Nun: Creation.  I still have to see The Nun, but lots of people have said the movie has "funny" scenes. Just get Whoopi Goldberg for the next flick. XD

I also think they'll be making a movie about the Crooked Man from The Conjuring 2. By he way, same actor was Slenderman.

The Nun: Valak might be better or just Valak. 

1 hour ago, Steele131 said:

Depends on your definition. Critically? Definitely. Financially? Only JL was a disappointment and that still made 650M

BvS was a disappointment, given the huge hype and the also huge opening. You can make money and still be a disappointment.

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

the nun: back in the habit

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I hope they don’t do a Crooked Man Movie, IMO he was so ineffective in Conjuring 2

SUNDAY AM WRITETHRU AND UPDATE: Chart will be updated later in the morning First a $50M projected opening, now New Line’s The Nun is soaring toward an estimated $54M after a $22.3M reported Friday and $19.7M Saturday, -11% (remember Friday includes that record Thursday night $5.4M preview cash for The Conjuring franchise).

https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-nun-weekend-box-office-conjuring-records-peppermint-jennifer-garner-1202459068/

• Like 3
  • Astonished 17
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

SUNDAY AM WRITETHRU AND UPDATE: Chart will be updated later in the morning First a $50M projected opening, now New Line’s The Nun is soaring toward an estimated $54M after a $22.3M reported Friday and $19.7M Saturday, -11% (remember Friday includes that record Thursday night $5.4M preview cash for The Conjuring franchise).

https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-nun-weekend-box-office-conjuring-records-peppermint-jennifer-garner-1202459068/

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

Really strong Saturday hold for a movie many, including myself, thought would be quickly hurt by bad WOM. 

• Astonished 1

Just now, Premium George said:

Can we expect $70m+ for a wan directed good conjuring 3? Or even higher?

To this day, I'm still surprised C2 opened as "low" as it did. A year before it came out I was sure it would be a 50+ opener, but for some reason buzz never picked up significantly before release.

Don't think 70 would happen, but I could definitely see a good C3 matching Nun if not exceeding its opening as long as nothing bad happens to the brand before then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

The haters will still say 100 mil domestic is not locked....😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine if there is a Nun 2 and I think there will be, they’ll probably replace the director and perhaps the screenwriter. They did that with Annabelle Creation and that lead to improved reception and box office. 

They did NOT change the screenwriter for Annabelle Creation, only the director.

Annabelle Creation was written by Gary Dauberman, The same writer who wrote Annabelle 1, The Nun and co-wrote IT (the highest grossing horror movie of all time).

He's also going to be writing IT Chapter 2 and writing/directing Annabelle 3.

The scripts for Annabelle Creation and IT were amazing imo. So I found it pretty weird that he did such a bad job at writing The Nun. The Nun's biggest flaw was its poor script and generic narrative choices, the acting/directing and soundtrack were on point.

I hope he does a better job at Annabelle 3 and IT Chapter 2 :ph34r:

Should The Nun hit an overseas take of $70M, her worldwide start is a fantastic $124M, which is ahead of the global debut of World War Z ($112.2M) and below It‘s awesome $189.7M WW opening weekend a year ago.

The Nun will be making over 5 times its budget on opening weekend...

I don't think WB would mind if it crashed and burned next weekend :Venom:

though I doubt The Nun will have really bad legs, The fans of the conjuring universe seems to like it.

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Annabelle Creation was written by Gary Dauberman, The same writer who wrote Annabelle 1, The Nun and co-wrote IT (the highest grossing horror movie of all time).

This guy seems like the David Goyer of Horror movies....

I'm was a bit worried about Annabelle 3 the moment he became its director 

Edited by NamakFiskKa