Litio

House Clock DHD says $26.9m, ASF $10.2m, The Nun ($10.1m) burries Predator ($8.7m), F $3.1m, LI $1.99m || Weekend Thread

3 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Saw Fahrenheit. It's pretty powerful but it preaches to the choir, and Moore always leans more into opinion and conjecture versus investigation. It makes for a more entertaining documentary, if not very informative. 

Judging by the box office I take it most liberals have moved past his schtick I guess. 

I don't think it's so much that liberals have moved on from Moore as it is that the political commentary landscape has shifted so drastically since he hit the height of his popularity in 2004. YouTube blew the doors off in terms of the abundance and availability of instantly relevant political content, so anything Moore (or anyone else for that matter) could put together in a documentary would be old news by the time the film reaches theaters. 

Moreover, this felt like a very different film from his other works. A huge part of Fahrenheit 9/11's mainstream appeal was its snarky streak, whereas this film feels downright funereal in some stretches. It's a far tougher sit than anything else he's made.

• Like 1

I saw a simple favor today and it's definitely one of my favorite movies of the year. Terrific performances by all three leads pretty funny script some good twists and turns and just an overall really good time.

Anna Kendrick should be nominated for an Oscar. She's simply awesome in this.

• Like 3

Watched A Simple Favor again tonight and tbh I actually liked it more the second time around. Which is weird because I thought maybe if I knew what was going to happen it would ruin it but I think knowing how it all ended, allowed me to appreciate some other things that happen in the film. Also watching it with a huge crowd helped with the experience though because my crowd was eating it up. 

Also Blake Lively in suits is still >>>>>>>>> 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Meg is one of those cases where I have to admit I was wrong. I heard one thing from someone working on the movie that he thought it would be horrible and bomb. And I guess his opinion on the film is subjective... he thought it would be bad, and many people do agree that it was not good. But for all this time I had been saying it would bomb because of how bad it would be... 

We're all wrong sometimes I guess. Except for Asgard of course

• Like 1

Why is the audience score for House so low on RT? Is it getting trolled?

*edit* Yes it is. By people are calling it demonic and satanic and no Christian should see it. What a crock of shit. 

Edited by Frozen

9 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Why is the audience score for House so low on RT? Is it getting trolled?

*edit* Yes it is. By people are calling it demonic and satanic and no Christian should see it. What a crock of shit. 

I had an Angry Mom on my Facebook make a LOOOOOOOOOONG post about how it was SCARY for the kids and not to take them.

38 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I had an Angry Mom on my Facebook make a LOOOOOOOOOONG post about how it was SCARY for the kids and not to take them.

Thats pretty much what all the negative RT reviews say

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Meg is one of those cases where I have to admit I was wrong. I heard one thing from someone working on the movie that he thought it would be horrible and bomb. And I guess his opinion on the film is subjective... he thought it would be bad, and many people do agree that it was not good. But for all this time I had been saying it would bomb because of how bad it would be... 

We're all wrong sometimes I guess. Except for Asgard of course

Meg really seems to have caught on with families judging by the jumps on weekends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

I saw the movie today and if they consider that to be "too scary" for kids, I can't imagine how they would've reacted to family films from 20-30+ years ago.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I saw the movie today and if they consider that to be "too scary" for kids, I can't imagine how they would've reacted to family films from 20-30+ years ago.

The kids in front of me were totally cool.  There was a kid in back saying "this is scary" during some of the Third Act.

‘The House With A Clock In Its Walls’ Sounding Near $27M Alarm; Counterprogramming Still In Deep Sleep

1. House                  26,9 mln (11,5 Saturday)

2. A Simple Favor    10,2 mln (-36%)

3. The Nun              10.1 mln (-44%)

4. The Predator        8.7 mln (-65%) 

5. Crazy Rich Asians 6.4 mln (-26%)

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 2