CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

This makes me sadder and sadder, I was looking forward to it quite a bit until the first trailer, then still somewhat until this latest update. Now I'm kind of doubting I'll even see it in theaters unless I get really bored sometime in August. So much potential wasted.......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MattW said:

This makes me sadder and sadder, I was looking forward to it quite a bit until the first trailer, then still somewhat until this latest update. Now I'm kind of doubting I'll even see it in theaters unless I get really bored sometime in August. So much potential wasted.......

I am still gonna watch it myself but yeah, what I've heard about it so far saddens me. So much potential that apparently got squandered, what's up with Sony these days? They seem unable to get anything right.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GambitPool said:

Tom Rothman anywhere in Hollywood is not long for this world. 

http://www.thewrap.com/how-sony-lstar-movie-finance-deal-fell-apart-flops-ghostbusters-feet-desk/

Why Sony, LStar Movie Finance Deal Fell Apart: Flops, ‘Ghostbusters’ and Feet on Desk (Exclusive)

According to one insider, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Pictures Group Chairman Tom Rothman got off on the wrong foot — literally — with Lone Star President Sam Loughlin.

Rothman, who replaced Pascal as film chief in February 2015, visited Loughlin in his Dallas office about 18 months ago. “Went down there — totally disrespected Sam, put his feet up on [Loughlin’s] desk,” the individual said. “Horrible meeting.”

:winomg:

Who does that?

• Like 1

As a Christian, to me, this film looks interesting but cheap and unremarkable. I hope critics take a liking to it but I don't think it's going to happen unfortunately.

I'm rooting for young up-and-coming actor Michael Barbieri, and I am relieved to know that, because of his Spider-Man / Avengers supporting gig, he doesn't necessarily need this film's success to stay relevant.

5 hours ago, slambros said:

As a Christian, to me, this film looks interesting but cheap and unremarkable. I hope critics take a liking to it but I don't think it's going to happen unfortunately.

I'm rooting for young up-and-coming actor Michael Barbieri, and I am relieved to know that, because of his Spider-Man / Avengers supporting gig, he doesn't necessarily need this film's success to stay relevant.

What does religion have to do with it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Stingray said:

I guess there is some religious context in the mythology of this? He's probably referring to that Devil line.

But yeah, I don't think there will be much of that in the movie itself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Stingray said:

I have heard that the Dark Tower franchise is an allegory with many parallels to Christianity. And you know there's something beneath the surface when a Christian like me is fervently nodding his head up and down when Idris Elba, as the Gunslinger, proclaims, "I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart."