Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

1 minute ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

It is. Why wouldn't it be? IW and EG did 250/350M with a non-holiday April opening. Dates are irrelevant. All that matters is what's put on them. 

You can't forget the week before Christmas was a HUGE question mark until TFA opened and now we've gotten 3 over $220m.

I def think the November record will fall with this. Still not sure about a 200m OW but I didn't think the first BP film would crack 200m ow & look what happened. But that was definitely a different time. 

I think the unique thing about the BP films are they attract demographics that don't usually watch these Marvel  films. 

Are you people really think this is gonne open below a Doctor Strange movie?. After all the Oscars and the 700M of the first movie?. Why? I really don't understand.  This trailer is something of the  smartest thing i ever seen, they play everything right. I don't know if it can be bigger in the total but the opening will be bigger than the first movie. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 3

billing at the end of the trailer:

Letitia Wright

Lupita Nyong'o

Danai Gurira

Winston Duke

Florence Kasumba

Dominique Thorne

Michaela Coel

Introducing Tenoch Huerta

With Martin Freeman

And Angela Bassett

also jesus christ this trailer gives me chills

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

She's the best performance in the trailer, carries the emotional weight and it's easy to figure out who new BP is because that character has the emotional journey in the trailer. Oops. 

Being anti-vax does not make her a bad actress. 

Ah whoops. I didn’t mean she was a bad actress.

I meant she, as a person, is a pain in the arse. And not just because of the anti-vax stuff. 

30 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Are you people really think this is gonne open below a Doctor Strange movie?. After all the Oscars and the 700M of the first movie?. Why? I really don't understand.  This trailer is something of the  smartest thing i ever seen, they play everything right. I don't know if it can be bigger in the total but the opening will be bigger than the first movie. 

I dont think many people who go to marvel movies care about the oscars. And people who care about the oscars dont go to a supehero movie in a 30 movie + 5 shows franchise because it won the costume oscar.

Its not impossible to recreate the first movies success but its just unlikely, it was a special situation - i dont expect Avatar 2 rising because Avatar made so much money or Joker 2 or Top Gun 3.

Teaser Trailer was good, but i am kinda numb to the Marvel hype machine. Go back to like the Eternals trailer reveal and people are gushing about how goddamn good the trailer is and it broke some kind of online metric and the cast is so great and the internal test screening were great and of course are the social media reactions praising it. It is nearly always the same procedure.

BPWF first poster hits 1.2M likes on Twitter. Most ever for a movie poster. BPWF teaser trailer hits 1M likes, only the 2nd to ever do it after NWH teaser trailer (currently at 1.1M).

Edited by Ecks Ecks Are
  • Like 1