Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

Just finished it.

Performances across the board were great except riri who was kind of cringe at points and just felt out of place,she was basically Chavez 2.0 ,central macguffin of the plot.

Angela Bassett was good but Oscar talk is a little overblown and didn't like the conclusion with her ,it just felt unearned to me ,as a result I wasn't emotionally invested. Will elaborate more in spoilers .

Leticia was the MVP of the movie. The way her arc and her dealing with the loss of tchalla was great.

Namor and tulucans were pretty cool ,But after the second act ,they don't know what to do with namor. But good villian and race , excited to see more of them.

BP had two good first acts and a really sloppy third act.

WF plot was pretty uneven overall.

First act . First 35 mins were great but shit starts to get weird with riri being introduced and it drags the movie Abit

Second act . Namor and tulucans were awesome but nakia plot was a little contrived and the choice with bassett.

Third act . Third act was generally bad ,the high point was Leticia  and the ending scene is great and emotional.

7.5/10 . Good performances,good world building and introduction to namor and tulucans ,good sendoff for tchalla  but even it can't survive the uneveness of phase 4 . In terms of writing coogler dropped the ball Abit here.

Enjoyed this more than BP but that movie is still written better.

Phase 4

WF

MOM

NWH

SC

BW

TLT

Eternals 

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

Reaction from south Korea had me a little worried about the reception but it’s seems to just be a South Korea issues when not comes to WOM

South Korea doesn't seem to like/incorporate superheroes into their culture -- interestingly, they're one of the few major film-producing countries in recent years that hasn't produced anything in this genre! -- So this whole sensibility would always be a little obtuse to them, seemingly...  It's an interesting thing.  But that's cool -- I prefer most South Korean movies over most Hollywood movies these days, anyway... 😁

40 minutes ago, Macleod said:

South Korea doesn't seem to like/incorporate superheroes into their culture -- interestingly, they're one of the few major film-producing countries in recent years that hasn't produced anything in this genre! -- So this whole sensibility would always be a little obtuse to them, seemingly...  It's an interesting thing.  But that's cool -- I prefer most South Korean movies over most Hollywood movies these days, anyway... 😁

It's odd though because they've been such a hotbed for the MCU.

i liked it. a little under part 1 they'd be around the same area in my rankings. really loved all the stuff w/ namor and his people and everything else is just fine. has the same weaknesses as the first one; action could've been cooler, the jokes never land, and there's a little too much martin freeman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Verrows said:

It's odd though because they've been such a hotbed for the MCU.

I think South Korea is still in mourning over the Halloween tragedy. Not much of a market for movies, esp. ones a little sad.

16 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Just finished it.

Performances across the board were great except riri who was kind of cringe at points and just felt out of place,she was basically Chavez 2.0 ,central macguffin of the plot.

Angela Bassett was good but Oscar talk is a little overblown and didn't like the conclusion with her ,it just felt unearned to me ,as a result I wasn't emotionally invested. Will elaborate more in spoilers .

Leticia was the MVP of the movie. The way her arc and her dealing with the loss of tchalla was great.

Namor and tulucans were pretty cool ,But after the second act ,they don't know what to do with namor. But good villian and race , excited to see more of them.

BP had two good first acts and a really sloppy third act.

WF plot was pretty uneven overall.

First act . First 35 mins were great but shit starts to get weird with riri being introduced and it drags the movie Abit

Second act . Namor and tulucans were awesome but nakia plot was a little contrived and the choice with bassett.

Third act . Third act was generally bad ,the high point was Leticia  and the ending scene is great and emotional.

7.5/10 . Good performances,good world building and introduction to namor and tulucans ,good sendoff for tchalla  but even it can't survive the uneveness of phase 4 . In terms of writing coogler dropped the ball Abit here.

Enjoyed this more than BP but that movie is still written better.

Phase 4

WF

MOM

NWH

SC

TLT

Eternals 

You forgot Black Widow.