YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

That’s what J.K gets for trying to play smart on Twitter.  She kept blunting out stuff about “LGBT, diversity”, even changing the race of Hermione, and now when push comes to shove failed to give any of those groups representation. Where was the main POC character? Also Dumbledore was never gay, it was never mentioned in the books, blunting it out after all the books were released is the only reason she has to pretend it’s a thing now. Stop messing with cannon. 

Doesn't matter. This will clean up OS and end up being a big money-maker despite the tepid USA response. 

Plus, it could grow legs in the coming weeks even DOM, will depend on how Ralph does next week. 

51 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

YIKES at that Overlord drop. I’m seeing it in a couple hours before my AMC inevitably dumps it on Wednesday.

Good point. The trailer for Instant Family only came out 2 and a half months prior to release if I’m not mistaken.

I actually think that Bumblebee should have opened on February and IF took its December spot. The latter will really be hampered by Aquaman, Spiderverse, and MPR.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Doesn't matter. This will clean up OS and end up being a big money-maker despite the tepid USA response. 

Plus, it could grow legs in the coming weeks even DOM, will depend on how Ralph does next week. 

It’s already declining in every market except Russia and Germany. That’s really bad considering all the Harry Potter pandering she did with this movie, Dumbledore, nagini, Nicholas flamel, Lestrange ect.    I don’t see it crossing 700 million WW. 

Edited by GraceRandolph

56 minutes ago, a2k said:

I would like to see a movie or two about the years James and Lily shared in Hogwarts with Snape, Weaslys, Lupin, Sirius, Wormtail, etc. Potter-verse has too many stories remaining to be told. But even as a fan couldn't care much for FBs.

THIS. 

Maybe a movie detailing the "first wizarding war" or whatever it was called, the time leading up to Voldemort killing Harry's parents. 

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, a2k said:

I would like to see a movie or two about the years James and Lily shared in Hogwarts with Snape, Weaslys, Lupin, Sirius, Wormtail, etc. Potter-verse has too many stories remaining to be told. But even as a fan couldn't care much for FBs.

You mean like a prequel-franchise focusing on the afore mentioned characters in their kid/teen/young adult years before the events in HP? That doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It’s funny cause in the first two HP-movies, the thing about a Hogwarts-house getting the highest score for the House Cup (whether it be Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw) was a big deal. In ”Sorcerer’s Stone” Gryffindor managed to win the House Cup, thanks to students with talents & heroism, plus with Harry and his team winning the Quidditch by catching the Snitch. However, the later movies (starting with Azkaban) the deal about winning the House Cup, became less and less relevant for some reason. Even when Harry and his friends to their best to save their school from evil surroundings. Shouldn’t they get points for that.

I do understand that the HP-movies weren’t meant to be about which Hogwarts house gets wins the House Cup every year. They were meant to be about the journey that our characters would have to face in their upcoming futures and such (including getting prepared for what evil idea, Voldemort is plotting next).

I can totally get that. It’s just....wouldn’t it make more sense if Gryffindor got points each schoolyear with the good stuff they do...and that the focus & point of winning is relevant? Cause the students in that house, always seems to do the most good things in the movies, right?

IMO maybe it just had to do with the students (that the story followed) growing up. As they got older and real-world problems became more important, things like the house cup became less of an issue for them. 

11 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

You mean like a prequel-franchise focusing on the afore mentioned characters in their kid/teen/young adult years before the events in HP? That doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

if they can plan to stretch FB into 5 movies, then those years easily would have made a trilogy.

we are already familiar with the characters so there's the emotional attachment. not only with those characters but that they lead directly to harry and the tragic killing of his parents. humour, romance, friendship and tears all already built in those 7 books.

21 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

.I can totally get that. It’s just....wouldn’t it make more sense if Gryffindor got points each schoolyear with the good stuff they do...and that the focus & point of winning is relevant? Cause the students in that house, always seems to do the most good things in the movies, right?

GoF had points cancelled due to Triwizard.

Ootp had special privileges given by Umbridge to Draco and gang to add/remove points and that gave Slytherine an advantage, and Griffs a disadvantage.

After Dumbledore's death it didn't matter.

Edited by a2k

Top 10 movies in individual market this year (pre-Holiday releases)

1. BP

2. AIW

3. I2

4. Operation Red Sea China

5. JW2

6. AIW China

7. DP2

8. Venom China

9. JW2 China

10. RPO China

Edited by a2k

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Dumbledore Grindelwald duel is put in the next movie and the two movies after that are about the rise of Voldemort/Harry’s parents/young Snape

Huh? I thought Fantastic Beasts series was just random adventures of Eddie Redmayne's character?

34 minutes ago, a2k said:

Top 10 movies in individual market this year (pre-Holiday releases)

1. BP

2. AIW

3. I2

5. JW2

6. AIW China

7. DP2

8. Venom China

9. JW2 China

10. RPO China

Maybe I don’t understand this list, cause it sure seems like some China movies are missing. If it’s to compile the top 10 individual market grosses thi seems year it should be: 

1. BP

2. AIW

3. I2

5. Detective Chinatown China

6. Dying to Survive China

7. JW2 

8. Hello Mr. Billionaire China

9. AIW China

10. Monster Hunt 2 China    

And DP2 doesn’t even make the list.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cassidy said:

grr...men.  They read, process, respond, and make decisions.

Could we lay off all the male mods on this forum?

Are there any private forums about box office that are a bit more liberal and don't have the censorship I am looking at?

Uh, what? 95% on the users on here are liberal.

10 minutes ago, Cassidy said:

grr...men.  They read, process, respond, and make decisions.

Could we lay off all the male mods on this forum?

Are there any private forums about box office that are a bit more liberal and don't have the censorship I am looking at?

fat_ugly_feminist.jpg

• Haha 3