MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

7 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

David Ehrlich who is notoriously Marvel agnostic loved this. Ranked 8th on his MCU list. Should be a 3.5 or 4/5. This means an Indiewire rave

Actually expecting this to be 90s on Rotten Tomatoes now and possibly 74 on Metacritic

The Suicide Squad 91%
Black Widow 81% 

Shang Chi 101%?!

😂

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I'm yet to understand why they fridged Nat in IW and decided to give her a solo movie post-mortem (that basically only serves to introduce another BW). It's a weird decision to say the least. I don't get the need for a different Widow. is it that Thunderbolts thing that everyone is talking about? Anyway, strange to say the least. As if they didn't want a BW franchise with Scarlett. 

“Fridged” can’t be used in that context because A- Natasha wasn’t killed, she sacrificed herself and B- she did it for the world, not to progress the story of a man. 

13 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The 3rd act is a CGI mess indeed or is just too long?

Why do I always see people saying “3rd act CGI mess” when a superhero film is coming out? Don’t they complain when there isn’t enough action in the third act? 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Cap said:

Wait. Ehrlich liked this? God, the world really is ending. 

If I'm not wrong, he gave Doctor Strange a positive review and said it was the best superhero movie since Spider-Man 2. Maybe Shang-Chi is good enough or just what he want to earn the glory from him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Ohh they speak Mandarin.

There's actually a very solid amount of Mandarin throughout the film. I'd say like 15% of the dialogue is Mandarin? I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but there are still a couple scenes where no English is said at all. It's actually kind of nice to see from what is still a Hollywood production.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Free Eric said:

There's actually a very solid amount of Mandarin throughout the film. I'd say like 15% of the dialogue is Mandarin? I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but there are still a couple scenes where no English is said at all. It's actually kind of nice to see from what is still a Hollywood production.

15% of the dialogue not being in English in a major blockbuster is huge.

21 minutes ago, Free Eric said:

Yep. Pretty much the primary reason Awkwafina is there is so there's a reason to not have every character speak Mandarin constantly. That and for someone to receive exposition dumps for the audience.

Edited by SpiderByte