MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

22 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The third act of BW was easily the worst part of the movie. That film’s biggest mistake was trying to be a massive spectacle, as opposed to something smaller. 

I would argue the whole movie is bad and doesn't seem like a Marvel Studios work. I have a theory that Kevin Feige is spending most of his time and energies on new characters currently. Shang-Chi and Eternals will prove if the theory is true.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, iHeartJames said:

There was many times during the black widow fight scenes that sis just casually walked away with barely a scratch and that's after she feel like a building and hit everything on the way down and her car being toppled over like twice

I just watched TSS last night and Harley Quinn is basically John McClaine with the leaping and surviving without powers/gimmicks physical obstacles that realistically when one actually thinks about it logically, they would call BS on (Not a criticism, I consider that a charm in a picture I enjoyed.)

Again this is all subjective, we all have our breaking points. I'm one of the few folks online who will go to bat for the infamous "nuke the fridge" scene in Indy IV (trust me, I was more bugged/turned off by that movie's many other problems in the storytelling department, but I digress.)

Trying to apply real world physics and logic to superhero movies is just hilariously pointless. I don’t know why people keep trying to do it. We’re talking about films with talking sharks and trees…it’s not a game of Dungeons & Dragons where power levels are applied. Just go with it, you’ll have a lot more fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

So is this getting a China release?

No one knows, yet!!  😂

And it's hilarious to see (as someone rightly predicted) that one or two "bad" "Tweet reviews" causes a freakout discussion here that lasts 6-8 pages.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Macleod said:

And it's hilarious to see (as someone rightly predicted) that one or two "bad" "Tweet reviews" causes a freakout discussion here that lasts 6-8 pages.  

Forget it, Jack, It's BOT Town. ;) Works like a clock. BOT always zooms on 1-2 negative reviews out of 100 positive because, lets be honest, positives are boring and give one nothing to say except "so stoked!". :lol: But negatives offer plenty of discussion including the reviewer's taste in movies. 

Another thing that SC has going for it is that it's mythologically/fantasy driven and bonkers IPs has been much better received lately (Wandavision, Loki) than more "grounded" (well, by SH standard) IPs (FATWS, BW).  Just going by IMDB where people actually bother to rate a show, Wandavision has 8.0 from 219K and Loki 8.4 from 170K, while FATWS has 7.3 from 148K (that number of votes couldn't catch up with Wanda and that Loki overtook it means that people binge the other much 2 more) and BW with 6.8 from 183K. So preference is clearly for fantastical (and they did a better job hands down) which bodes well for SC, Eternals and NWH.

Edited by Valonqar

42 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Forget it, Jack, It's BOT Town. ;) Works like a clock. BOT always zooms on 1-2 negative reviews out of 100 positive because, lets be honest, positives are boring and give one nothing to say except "so stoked!". :lol: But negatives offer plenty of discussion including the reviewer's taste in movies. 

Another thing that SC has going for it is that it's mythologically/fantasy driven and bonkers IPs has been much better received lately (Wandavision, Loki) than more "grounded" (well, by SH standard) IPs (FATWS, BW).  Just going by IMDB where people actually bother to rate a show, Wandavision has 8.0 from 219K and Loki 8.4 from 170K, while FATWS has 7.3 from 148K (that number of votes couldn't catch up with Wanda and that Loki overtook it means that people binge the other much 2 more) and BW with 6.8 from 183K. So preference is clearly for fantastical (and they did a better job hands down) which bodes well for SC, Eternals and NWH.

Well WV and Loki are better received because they did not have to deal with how trash the Flag Smasher and Sharon were and how badly handled was the finale. 

We cannot say being grounded or not matter when the writing is big a problem in the grounded side.

While it's true that FAWTS and BW were inferior to Wanda and Loki, it's very possible that regardless of quality, people now just gravitate more towards fantasy cause they are sick of daily problems, politics, etc. And "grounded" IPs can't help but tackle those in some degree/manner. 

Edited by Valonqar

26 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

BW>> every movie of the phase 4

only 2 movies so far in Phase 4 but I agree. BW definetly better than the mess that was FFH. BW has some great character moments and the opening still gives me chills. FFH is meh from start to finish

• Like 1

I liked Black Widow, I was not even bothered by the third arc but how Taskmaster thing got solved by just giving her the cure without any climax or emotional solution, so unsatisfying.

I prefer FFH easily.

Now I prefer the 3 Disney+ shows over the two movies.

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

BW had issues beyond just third act. There was no spying and as delightful as Nat's family may be, nobody exactly asked for them or for family angle especially since that family was never mentioned or even hinted at in 20+ movies priviously. People wanted to see something different from a BW movie, not a bridge between CW and IW but a full blown Soviet spy movie with possibly how she and Hawkeye met and worked together. They didn't get that and ultimately the movie was new character's origin story rather than a tribute to the character at the center of marketing. Also, the retcon on Black Widows organization was beyond lame. The movie's high point was the principal cast but the story, direction and SFX dragged it down.

There's no "I want to see __________" expectation from SC so it's really either going along with the story (which most reactions are) or not (twitter minority).  

I wish BW was better too but there is no point to continue developing a character that is dead in the universe. If all the other characters especially Yelena have a bright future in MCU, then BW has done its job.

I'm yet to understand why they fridged Nat in IW and decided to give her a solo movie post-mortem (that basically only serves to introduce another BW). It's a weird decision to say the least. I don't get the need for a different Widow. is it that Thunderbolts thing that everyone is talking about? Anyway, strange to say the least. As if they didn't want a BW franchise with Scarlett.