MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

30 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If Bollywood characters don't speak Hindi in Eternals, I RIOT.

Bollywood song should be in Hindi and possibly more. Like this scene from Trailer 1 that looks like a Hindu wedding no?

1655774616.jpg

so we could hear it outside of Bollywood too,  and maybe some ancient languages given that they lived for millennia or more. As a big fan of foreign languages, I'm excited! :excited:

• Like 2

Just now, Valonqar said:

Bollywood song should be in Hindi and possibly more. Like this scene from Trailer 1 that looks like a Hindu wedding no?

1655774616.jpg

so we could hear it outside of Bollywood too,  and maybe some ancient languages given that they lived for millennia or more. As a big fan of foreign languages, I'm excited! :excited:

Yeah, this is definitely a Hindu wedding. Hoping for many more surprises like this.

I find it amusing how Shang Chi is the one martial arts movie this year to actually get the action right while Mortal Kombat and Snake Eyes both failed at that aspect. I do wonder what is it lately with so many action movies having problems with their actions scenes, do they need to train the actors/stunt people better or do they need better editors?

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I find it amusing how Shang Chi is the one martial arts movie this year to actually get the action right while Mortal Kombat and Snake Eyes both failed at that aspect. I do wonder what is it lately with so many action movies having problems with their actions scenes, do they need to train the actors/stunt people better or do they need better editors?

A pretty good watch.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, clockwork said:

They need better coreographers, better editors and better directors.

Usually the ideal action scene doesn't cut too much, the director show what is happening clearly on the mise-en-scene. To be able to achieve that you need a killer fight coreography or showing everything clearly will put a spotlight on the flaws of the scene. If you don't have good coreography the director need to hide this and can't shot everything very clearly, and then you don't send to the editor enough good footage to make a creative and effective cut out of it. What audience get with this situation is action scenes with annoying frenetic editing, shaky cameras and coreography that you can't see very well but does look weird to watch anyway.

I think Simu also has martial arts training, so stunt people didn't need to be relied on as much for the action, and they didn't need to be hidden behind various tricks like fast cuts and shaky camera work.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If this gets a China release, and if Spider-Man is delayed, this has a good shot at highest WW gross of 2021

I'm not sure it will make that much in China. Apparently they really don't like the casting (Simu Liu in particular).

20 minutes ago, DInky said:

I'm not sure it will make that much in China. Apparently they really don't like the casting (Simu Liu in particular).

Even with a relative underperformance, that + September all to itself, with a high enough opening and good enough holds, could do the trick.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DInky said:

Unless they find another reason to be offended by the movie, it will do solid at least.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Even with a relative underperformance, that + September all to itself, with a high enough opening and good enough holds, could do the trick.

Eternals has higher chance of being top grosser of this year I think. Many international markets have still not recovered yet.