That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

The Top 10 IMAX movies:

Avengers: Infinity War
Black Panther
Jurassic World
Mission: Impossible – Fallout
Ready Player One
Aquaman
Venom
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Meg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

The Top 10 IMAX movies:

Black Panther
Jurassic World
Ready Player One
Aquaman
Venom
Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Meg

Aquaman soon will be higher (and still are a few a bit sore about the IMAX situation in some countries... 😉 )

6 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

The Top 10 IMAX movies:

Black Panther
Jurassic World
Ready Player One
Aquaman
Venom
Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Meg

IW, Aquaman and especially Fallout are perfect advertising for the format. And the reason I will NEVER embrace streaming OVER cinema. You just can't replicate it. For me, it's the combination of the gigantic screen, with film-makers utilizing the format well and shooting to show it off AND being in a crowded cinema on opening weekend, experiencing the shared exhilaration of Tom Cruise jumping out of a plane, having dozens of people simultaneously wincing when he hits the side of a building and breaks his leg, hearing everyone gasp and sniffle when Thanos gets the Soul Stone... I will always watch blockbusters at least twice in the cinema, so I can always judge them objectively. That's because the first time I see them, I want that crowd experience, I want that noise, the clapping, the gasping, I want the opening night of the latest MCU movie to make me feel like I'm at a sports venue, and the combination of huge screen and huge crowd is what does it for me...

• Like 5

Just now, reddevil19 said:

IW, Aquaman and especially Fallout are perfect advertising for the format. And the reason I will NEVER embrace streaming OVER cinema. You just can't replicate it. For me, it's the combination of the gigantic screen, with film-makers utilizing the format well and shooting to show it off AND being in a crowded cinema on opening weekend, experiencing the shared exhilaration of Tom Cruise jumping out of a plane, having dozens of people simultaneously wincing when he hits the side of a building and breaks his leg, hearing everyone gasp and sniffle when Thanos gets the Soul Stone... I will always watch blockbusters at least twice in the cinema, so I can always judge them objectively. That's because the first time I see them, I want that crowd experience, I want that noise, the clapping, the gasping, I want the opening night of the latest MCU movie to make me feel like I'm at a sports venue, and the combination of huge screen and huge crowd is what does it for me...

@WrathOfHan

• Haha 1

Maybe I'm posting this so blatantly to stir up controversy, maybe I'm just doing it like this because I'm so mad at the movie.

Aquaman was the worst DCEU movie by a mile. Bottom 10 of the year. Awful. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 3

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Maybe I'm posting this so blatantly to stir up controversy, maybe I'm just doing it like this because I'm so mad at the movie.

Ok 

Edited by lorddemaxus

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Lol I thought it was terrible too

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

Mary Poppins gonna be one of those movies that continues to disappoint every day and people will continue to claim the tide is turning 'tomorrow' or the next day.

... and then it will be out of theaters.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

> NO CHANGE

2 5 Mortal Engines Universal 3,103 - - 3

> DECLINING

13 12 Bohemian Rhapsody Fox 700 -468 -40.1% 9

Do they know how to recognize flop?

Same as I try to remember ppl or point out....

contracts for when a movie will be screened in which,.... get made a long time before release.

Somtimes that ends in rather strange situations