That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

With December legs, Aquaman gets to 300+ with anything that's 80+. I mean, this has pretty huge wom so far and seems like a big time crowdpleaser, it's basically Jumanji 2.0.

Bumblebee hopefully can leg it to Last Knight numbers or over off a much smaller opening. Would be a nice rebound for the franchise after all the shit Bay put it through.

I wonder if there's a chance MPR pulls a Shrek 2 and explodes in the 3 days............ :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Bumblebee hopefully can leg it to Last Knight numbers or over off a much smaller opening. Would be a nice rebound for the franchise after all the shit Bay put it through.

I don’t think a fresh reboot grossing the same as the last entry in the tired franchise is good. 

They rebooted it for a reason, and it wasn’t to make less money. 

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

With December legs, Aquaman gets to 300+ with anything that's 80+. I mean, this has pretty huge wom so far and seems like a big time crowdpleaser, it's basically Jumanji 2.0.

I wonder if there's a chance MPR pulls a Shrek 2 and explodes in the 3 days............ :sparta:

yes please :whosad:

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t think a fresh reboot grossing the same as the last entry in the tired franchise is good. 

I think that a fresh prequel-ish reboot on a much smaller scale, much smaller budget, insane amounts of competition and the badwill of every previous entry in the franchise (and jut how many GA people know that this is a reboot and not just another movie in the Bayverse?) making as much as the last entry in the tired saga is a pretty good way to make a comeback.

Bumblebee never had any other way to go but down. Its only shot at not being bomb is, well, being a good movie, which seems to be the case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I think that a fresh prequel-ish reboot on a much smaller scale, much smaller budget, insane amounts of competition and the badwill of every previous entry in the franchise (and jut how many GA people know that this is a reboot and not just another movie in the Bayverse?) making as much as the last entry in the tired saga is a pretty good way to make a comeback.

Bumblebee never had any other way to go but down. Its only shot at not being bomb is, well, being a good movie, which seems to be the case.

They certainly didn’t greenlitght it and say: “hopefully it grosses less than Last Knight”. 

They must’ve been hoping for growth in America at least. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Main point of this seem to be rebuild franchise among fanbase like batman begins. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Main point of this seem to be rebuild franchise among fanbase like batman begins. 

Yeh at least it has great reviews. 

Hopefully the fan base aren’t turning on it because it has a female lead, you know what these people can be like

• Like 1

Bumblebee has the double headwind of both prior domestic and foreign box office returns to contend with. It's not like they gave these movies a break like WB did with Batman after Batman and Robin (1997) all the way until Batman Begins (2005) which was a tonal and continuity break with the past. It's more like an X-Men First Class or something like that I think. Well, at least the feedback to Bumblebee seems better and the budget is lower, but the previous TF movie just came out last year...there used to be 2-3 years in between releases.

ZUyQQkW.png

Edited by MagnarTheGreat

I'm very interested in demo breakdown for Aquaman cause ladies in my auditorium really loved it and made about 50% or more of the audience.  perhaps that's why MPR is suffering, women waiting for Aquaman? It really has it all - beautiful strong badass women, hot badass men, romance, family, action, exotic locations, Aquaglamor. 

21 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm very interested in demo breakdown for Aquaman cause ladies in my auditorium really loved it and made about 50% or more of the audience.  perhaps that's why MPR is suffering, women waiting for Aquaman? It really has it all - beautiful strong badass women, hot badass men, romance, family, action, exotic locations, Aquaglamor. 

Can’t wait for to see those demo too. Because  my screening had a lot of single moms  with kids which is rather unusual for Thursday screenings let alone superhero movies.

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week's releases:

Vice: 2:06. Attachments are Fighting with My Family (new trailer?) and Where'd You Go, Bernadette?. 

On the Basis of Sex: 1:54. Attachments are Downton Abbey and Greta.

Holmes and Watson: 1:26. Attachments unknown (probably MIB and Miss Bala).

After all the shit Bay put Transformers through?

HAHAHAHA

You mean gross almost 5 billion dollars and countless more on home video? Yeah Michael Bay was a real detriment to the series.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

After all the shit Bay put Transformers through?

HAHAHAHA

You mean gross almost 5 billion dollars and countless more on home video? Yeah Michael Bay was a real detriment to the series.

Bay overachieved with the T series. The execs are going to miss him.

• Like 1