Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread (1/25-1/27): Weekend Estimates: Glass 19M l Upside 12.2M l Aquaman 7.3M l Kid WWB King 7.2M l Spider-Verse: 5.5M l Green Book 5.2M l Serenity 4.8M

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Good for Mule

Wonder if WB can work their magic for They Shall not Grow Old too? Not saying $100m, but like $30m+ would be great for that

Why not go for the "Oscar audience" and make a play for $100M for that one, too:).  If Mule can do it, we can push TSNGO that high and tie the mark for most $100M movies (for 2018:)...

• Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Why not go for the "Oscar audience" and make a play for $100M for that one, too:).  If Mule can do it, we can push TSNGO that high and tie the mark for most $100M movies (for 2018:)...

The biggest thing going against TSNGO's favour is that in the UK it debuted on TV already, so piracy might hinder it a bit. However, from everything I've heard, it's meant to be a film experienced at the cinema - so that certainly could incentivize people, especially as it's going to skew older for the most part. The Mule might not have had any marketing material until 2 months before release, but it was also mostly a fun popcorn film, while TSNGO might be a bit heavier for some audience members

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Wow this movie has had great legs so far for a horror movie. It’s a pretty successful. Sequel is probably locked.

I’m so glad! Hasn’t even opened in the UK yet, I caught a preview, really enjoyed it. 

Plus, budget is $9m. 

Mary Poppins is just underwhelming every single week.