Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (1/25-1/27): Weekend Estimates: Glass 19M l Upside 12.2M l Aquaman 7.3M l Kid WWB King 7.2M l Spider-Verse: 5.5M l Green Book 5.2M l Serenity 4.8M

I can't believe they are adding so many theaters to ASIB AGAIN. Can they give it up already? The movie already leaked in full quality and there is no one left that wants to see it. The way they are pushing this movie should be a crime - it's honestly cheating. Imagine if Infinity War got the same treatment - would have easily surpassed "A Fad Awakens" 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

15 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Beauty got 16+, BR 18+. Movies with LGBT subject matter tend to pass through without controversy as long as they aren't HARMING OUR CHILDREN OHMYGOD. Then again knowing there will probably be controversy almost certainly discourages distributors from putting some movies out, i.e. Love Simon and Call Me by Your Name were sorta just quietly never released. On the other hand Moonlight and Imitation Game had no problems. The Danish Girl neither. Movies about lesbians never have problems, that double standard where two ladies = hot but two guys = ewww is extremely present here. Country lives in fear of closeness of dicks.

What did Crimes of Grindelwald get? 

And the scene when Dumbledore is told that he and Grindelwald used to be as close as brothers and he replied, "We were closer than brothers."

17 hours ago, excel1 said:

Who the hell thought MARY FUCKIN POPPIN would generate ANY interest from people between the ages of 5 and 70???

I don't blame members who made crazy predictions for Mary Poppins. When bloggers saw it they said this movie would dominate the box office and the Oscars. Everything is so hyperbolic right now. People also believed Glass would get a F cinemascore and freefall after opening weekend.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wrath said:

As one of the very few people to see Replicas, I’d like to say it got what it deserved.

My mistake was having a few drinks before hand in hopes of appreciating some really epic camp and cult-film worthy badness and it failed to deliver on those grounds as well as conventionally.

Which was a shame. The robot and the sidekick knew exactly what was up and tried their best, but they weren’t able to get the ball over the goalline.

Yeah, sadly Replicas looks like a failed Johnny Mnemonic. I never thought this concept was possible.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 1

I finally came home from vacation and posted the lists from the last 2 weeks of the Most Anticipated Movies thread, so feel free to head over there and give a new top ten:

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/667-box-office-theorys-most-anticipated-films/?page=361

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised at the lack of Star Wars votes so far. I know TLJ did serious damage, but surely it's not permanent, right?

19 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Someone should make a movie called THE ROBOT AND THE SIDEKICK. 

Hah, yeah. That reminds me of a board game I was reading about. In the game, you play people who live in a village in some sort of peril and need to save the day. But the game makes clear you aren't the heroes. The most heroic people in the village already went out to save the day and died horribly. You're the second-string, the "Spies Like Us" team expecting to fail miserably but hoping to get lucky.

Like that.