Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

5 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

What kind of history exactly?

billie history of course

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

A preview of what's to come in December 2020 (soz @IronJimbo think Terminator is gonna disappoint) 

I'm waiting for the trailer on that one (should be soon), there's not much information out there yet but I reckon it could be crazy good.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm waiting for the trailer on that one (should be soon), there's not much information out there yet but I reckon it could be crazy good.

I think it can be good though am worried about Goyer writing the script. Last shot of getting this franchise to work (though I said the same thing about Genisys lol)

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

A movie might make half its budget domestic, instead of a third. Stop the presses!!

Tbf, I can see the fun in indulging the Cameronites and pretending it's the second coming of Black Panther. I might watch it Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, Kraken said:

A movie might make half its budget domestic, instead of a third. Stop the presses!!

Tbf, I can see the fun in indulging the Cameronites and pretending it's the second coming of Black Panther. I might watch it Monday. 

Let's not pretend Black Panther is something for "Cameronites" (prefer Jim gang) to aspire to, it didn't even make 0.5A you know? That's less than half of Avatar if you don't know how decimals work.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Let's not pretend Black Panther is something for "Cameronites" (prefer Jim gang) to aspire to, it didn't even make 0.5A you know? That's less than half of Avatar if you don't know how decimals work.

I used BP because it was the same weekend and everyone will be ecstatic if Alita opens to 0.16 of its OW (math is fun!)

I'm cheering on Alita and 37mil is better than 25mil but lets not pretend that's some huge opening weekend either. I've always maintained that around 50-70mil 5 day would be a good opening for such a big budget film as Alita. And of course it will need legs too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

37M :ohmygod:

are some folks pretending that a 37M+ 5-day weekend isn't good when the tracking was 20M-23M 5-day just few days ago?

Alita's good word of mouth is spreading :bravo: 

I'm feeling a $100M+ domestic run :ph34r:

Looking at 2013's Valentine's day openers I'd guess that if Alita does 37 over the 5 days it'll end up around 75m total.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Right now it looks like Alita is doing Jumper's adjested number, given it's not too frontloaded. So, it could potentially break 100M when everything is said and done. 

Tarzan's number would be awesome though given light competition in the next two weeks.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

12 hours ago, a2k said:

According to Mojo RPO breakdown is

138 Dom + 226 OS-China + 219 China = 583

Both Alita and RPO have a similar prod budget. Alita could match OS-China but will fall short Dom and well short China imo.

Even OS-China it may fall short. Alita is much behind RPO in Mexico and UK of two countries I checked. Korea, RPO won't be much behind in final number.

• Like 1

If Alita does Kingsman 1 numbers, that wouldn’t be bad but may need $450-$500 million WW to break-even. 

Deadline they’re pissing me off.. so $8-$10 million ow? So ok at worst it”ll do Ouija:Origin Of Evil numbers. It has to be trash to do that low.

Isn’t It Romantic is doing acceptable. Rebel Wilson isn’t big outside of Pitch Perfect. So it will be an alright profit.

This  is also the first Valentine’s Day/Presidents Day/ February since 2014... we didn’t have a movie starring the queen  of Valentine’s Day/February latest?cb=20160913191408

image-2018-07-27.jpg

e139681121efd8769f61ec478c6d87c1.jpg

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

A follow up to Halloween H40 will have a nasty drop as well. If that film makes half as much as the H40 it will be doing well.

Hopefully he was just joking when he said he wanted 10 more Halloween movies made.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RealLyre said:

37M :ohmygod:

are some folks pretending that a 37M+ 5-day weekend isn't good when the tracking was 20M-23M 5-day just few days ago?

Alita's good word of mouth is spreading :bravo: 

I'm feeling a $100M+ domestic run :ph34r:

I don’t think they’re saying $37m isn’t good because the tracking was $23m, I think it’s more to do with what the film cost to make and release. 

$100m domestic would save face though and if OS explodes, well.