Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

4 minutes ago, Litio said:

4TH UPDATE, THURSDAY MIDDAY: Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel is leading Valentine’s Day with an estimated $8.5M per midday figures, which breaks down into a Friday-Sunday that’s $23M-$25M, a FSSM that’s $28M-$30M, and full 5-day Presidents Day weekend launch of around $37M.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/happy-death-day-2u-isnt-it-romantic-opening-day-box-office-1202556699/

Hope that the numbers increase. We need a sequel. Scraping over a 100mil is not great with its budget. I want 150+mil.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Litio said:

4TH UPDATE, THURSDAY MIDDAY: Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel is leading Valentine’s Day with an estimated $8.5M per midday figures, which breaks down into a Friday-Sunday that’s $23M-$25M, a FSSM that’s $28M-$30M, and full 5-day Presidents Day weekend launch of around $37M.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/happy-death-day-2u-isnt-it-romantic-opening-day-box-office-1202556699/

Yikes at those Happy Death Day 2U figures 😬

• Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, Litio said:

Above expectations already.

And it is only the beginning. :Gaga:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Astonished 2

Alita Battle Angel really saved this weekend tbh If only the budget wasn’t so high BUT maybe it can turn on a leggy fun with nothing in terms of competition until Captain Marvel. 

Isnt Romantic did less than what I thought it would today but I wouldn’t be surprised to see it increase with a lot of Valentines Day dates being in the evening. 

As for Happy Death Day 2: as I mentioned before the numbers it’s doing now is what I expected the first one to do tbh The first one breaking out shocked me. And now I’m shocked that the sequel is straight up flopping. 

If Alita's true Thursday is $6.1M and Isn't It Romantic is $5M...I don't think they will be quite as far apart for the 3 day "when we celebrate Valentine's Day" weekend - right now, Deadline has $23-$25M FSS only for Alita and $13M FSS only for IIR...seems like they should be more like $5-7M apart...not sure which way that gap should swing (Alita down or IRR up), but I just don't feel it right now:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits