Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Just woke up and am trying to make sense of the number, I'm thinking a ~$25m 3day.. ~$33m 4day and ~$37m 5day.. HOWEVER let's add a couple mil to that because Jim ay? $40m 5 day I'm thinking

2/13/2019 Isn’t It Romantic $14,000,000 NEW $54,000,000 NEW   Warner Bros.
2/14/2019 Alita: Battle Angel $14,500,000 NEW $41,000,000 NEW   Fox
2/14/2019 Fighting with My Family n/a   n/a     MGM
2/14/2019 Happy Death Day 2U $24,000,000 NEW $52,000,000 NEW  

Universal

So that $41m total from Box Office Pro is going down in 5 or 6 days?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Alli said:

Alita is doing better than i thought. I predicted 15M OW and it's doing almost double. The power of Jim!

$22.9M for the 3 day isn't quite double $15M:)...unless you thought that for the 4 day...and then, yeah, you were pretty pessimistic (even more than me, which I thought was tough to do:)...

3 hours ago, TombRaider said:

I meant BO numbers/ dissapointment wise

Very similar BO numbers  / budget, but in term of disappointment Alita is playing pretty much in line if not above expectation (at least domestic start), while Blade Runner 2049 had really big buzz, great Thursday and felt like a 40m OW that would do 132m+ dbo until it's Friday (with is 35dbo/65intl ratio of interest level would have turned great) if not Saturday.

First Man felt like the Blade Runner redux more, not just lead cast wise, but the great social media start, great reviews followed by the disappointment.

Alita is more the 2019 bigger Valerian in a way, a bit obscure (in the domestic market) comic book property proposing some high concept world building, vastly linked/sold on the producer name and is previous giant Sci-fi affair, always had that this is made with the worlds market in mind feel to it, impressive visual with flawed storytelling element not fully coming up together, young male lead not helping, 50/60% type of reception.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Very similar BO numbers  / budget, but in term of disappointment Alita is playing pretty much in line if not above expectation (at least domestic start), while Blade Runner 2049 had really big buzz, great Thursday and felt like a 40m OW that would do 132m+ dbo until it's Friday (with is 35dbo/65intl ratio of interest level would have turned great) if not Saturday.

First Man felt like the Blade Runner redux more, not just lead cast wise, but the great social media start, great reviews followed by the disappointment.

Alita is more the 2019 bigger Valerian in a way, a bit obscure domestic comic book property proposing some high concept world building, vastly linked/sold on the producer name and is previous giant Sci-fi affair, always had that this is made with the worlds market in mind feel to it, impressive visual with flawed storytelling element not fully coming up together, young male lead not helping, 50/60% type of reception.

You know, you made me check Valerian's final WW BO...and wouldn't you know...it moved out of total bomb territory into flop territory by somehow getting to $225M WW on its $175M+ budget.  I'm actually kinda shocked it broke $200M WW:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

Crazy how a new blockbuster/franchise hasn't broke out in such a longtime.

If you are a not a known brand, you re literally fucked.

Its getting worse and worse.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, TMP said:

They just announced a Your Name remake with Marc Webb directing... 

I'm more optimistic towards anime/manga live action adaptations after Alita but I feel a Your Name live action remake is really unnecessary imo. the strongest parts and the charm of Your Name was the incredible animation and how beautiful art style was which can't be replicated in live action. plus the setting was in Japan and a lot of the plot was based on Japanese culture/background, now the story could work in any setting but a westernized version wouldn't be the same.

Marc Webb is also the director of the doinky Amazing Spider-Man movies.. which isn't encouraging lol :sadno:

• Like 2