Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

Should also note that the adjuster assigns a blanket value to ticket prices across the whole year, which doesn't account for how ticket prices can fluctuate a bit in each quarter. You see it get fucky sometimes with stuff like Thor: Ragnarok, which adjusts down when you give it 2017 or 2018 ticket prices where the average ticket price got all screwy in the middle of it's run.

Plus you see bigger increases with bigger numbers because that's how percentages work lol.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Alita crushing those numbers and gonna hit a Billie before you know it!😎

the age of capeshit is over,  the Cameron renaissance begins anew! :jeb!:

capeshit? That's a beautiful term eddy you think of that yourself?

tell me if I'm doing it right...

James "Iron "Jim" Jim" Cameron is going to end the current capeshit scourge that has been a burden on cinema for over 10 years now, only Avatar 2 can save us!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

You see it get fucky sometimes with stuff like Thor: Ragnarok, which adjusts down when you give it 2017 or 2018 ticket prices where the average ticket price got all screwy in the middle of it's run.

If this sounds bitter it's because I am.

Fuck you, BOM.

11 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Alita crushing those numbers and gonna hit a Billie before you know it!😎

the age of capeshit is over,  the Cameron renaissance begins anew! :jeb!:

Alita is still a funnybook movie, so it would count as capeshit

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Alita is still a funnybook movie, so it would count as capeshit

Alita is a hero, not a superhero.

Superhero comics are one of the most common genres of American comic books. The genre rose to prominence in the 1930s and became extremely popular in the 1940s and has remained the dominant form of comic book in North America since the 1960s!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

capeshit? That's a beautiful term eddy you think of that yourself?

tell me if I'm doing it right...

James "Iron "Jim" Jim" Cameron is going to end the current capeshit scourge that has been a burden on cinema for over 10 years now, only Avatar 2 can save us!

Yeah my Cameron loving brother in arms. That is indeed a correct usage of the term. Here’s another:

Capeshit has long left the general audience in a stupor hungry for mind nourishing entertainment and “Iron” Jim “Aka “JC” Aka “God” Cameron is returning from his absence to give them a bountiful feast for the eyes!

Edited by eddyxx

2013 (same calendar) Die Hard was -13%, +41%, -27%, -49% over FSSM.

It's 5-day (36.88) was 4.48x the OD (8.24).

Alita's OD will have previews which will add some front-loading compared to Die Hard, but Die Hard was a sequel unlike Alita so that could balance things. Word of mouth should flavor Alita in comparison imo.

If Alita can do 40 5-day it has impetus to hit 100 dom.

Closer to 35 5-day and 85 dom is my guess.

• Like 1

If Alita follows Ready Player One (Thurs opening, sci-fi, opened on a holiday weekend)

2.425M previews

7.7M Thu inc. previews

9.7M Fri

10.1M Sat

7.2M Sun

3.4M Mon

27M 3-Day, 38.1M 6-Day

I would love to do A Good Day to Die Hard as a comparison (exact same calendar configuration), but probably not now. Disregarding the 6-year gap, it had midnight screenings instead of 7PM shows. But I guess RPO is still a good benchmark, and above tracking FWIW. Let's just wait and see what the final Thursday number will be.

• Like 6

4TH UPDATE, THURSDAY MIDDAY: Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel is leading Valentine’s Day with an estimated $8.5M per midday figures, which breaks down into a Friday-Sunday that’s $23M-$25M, a FSSM that’s $28M-$30M, and full 5-day Presidents Day weekend launch of around $37M.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/happy-death-day-2u-isnt-it-romantic-opening-day-box-office-1202556699/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 8

12 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

If Alita follows Ready Player One (Thurs opening, sci-fi, opened on a holiday weekend)

2.425M previews

7.7M Thu inc. previews

9.7M Fri

10.1M Sat

7.2M Sun

3.4M Mon

27M 3-Day, 38.1M 6-Day

I would love to do A Good Day to Die Hard as a comparison (exact same calendar configuration), but probably not now. Disregarding the 6-year gap, it had midnight screenings instead of 7PM shows. But I guess RPO is still a good benchmark, and above tracking FWIW. Let's just wait and see what the final Thursday number will be.

Seems Deadline read your early estimates:)...we'll see if they hold:)...

• Haha 1