MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

I would LOVE to know if the big changes to this film are directly because Gunn wants to fit it into the new DCU. It's gotta be, right? There's no way they'd make such huge changes for any other reason.

And if so, I honestly wouldn't be surprised for them to push this to June or July 2024.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

I would LOVE to know if the big changes to this film are directly because Gunn wants to fit it into the new DCU. It's gotta be, right? There's no way they'd make such huge changes for any other reason.

And if so, I honestly wouldn't be surprised for them to push this to June or July 2024.

That's my theory.

18 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

The movie's already been delayed like 10 times. What more can they do?

If they made big changes, and it's still not fully shot and the VFX haven't been worked on, I don't see a reason why they can't move it. Heck they could push Blue Beetle to December then. And this puts 2 DC films in 2024 now.

9 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

If they made big changes, and it's still not fully shot and the VFX haven't been worked on, I don't see a reason why they can't move it. Heck they could push Blue Beetle to December then. And this puts 2 DC films in 2024 now.

If VFX haven't been worked on at this point, someone probably needs to be fired.  😅

18 hours ago, excel1 said:

They have plenty of time to get it right and own the best release date of the year, a push back would be dumb unless the film is truly B&R worthy.

it was reported like a month or two ago that Wan was told that the budget for reshoots is very tight so if its still ass then I'm not sure WBD will or can continue to sink money into it