MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

Wondering when they will drop the trailer, it´s starting to getting late 

I know test screenings went bad but the first one wasn´t really super well received and still thrive because it was so much fun 

Still hoping for something similar here, based on Wan influences i´m expecting the movie to have some influences from B movies and being silly, which probably will turn many people off, but if it´s fun and have great action sequences with gorgeous visuals like the first one, it can succeed

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I know test screenings went bad but the first one wasn´t really super well received and still thrive because it was so much fun 

Still hoping for something similar here, based on Wan influences i´m expecting the movie to have some influences from B movies and being silly, which probably will turn many people off, but if it´s fun and have great action sequences with gorgeous visuals like the first one, it can succeed

I would guess Aquaman 2 will be attached to Meg 2 and Wonka with Barbie.

On 6/13/2023 at 12:30 AM, 21C said:

Yeaaah that's hardly any meaningful competition especially in the context of December where audiences tend to favor big spectacle; of which Aquaman will have much more. 

Aquaman was a lot of fun..which quire a few DC movies were not.

i can't see any real competion for this come December. WB was right in pulling it from Last December.

Ane, yes, the GA does not give a crap it being the supposedly one of the last films in the old DCU.

One ot those things that the geeks obssess about but no one else does.

Pretty sure I will go see it, while I probably won't bother with "Wonka".

13 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

And Flash test screenings went great...

Test screenings are useless.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

And Flash test screenings went great...

Test screenings are useless.

Depends on well chosen the audience is from a sampling point of view.

Bad,  Sampling, Bad Screening resutlls.

And was this a genuuine test screening or a promotional screening, where they pack the audence wiht fans in hopes of getting WOM and Buzz started..the exact opposite of the kind of audience you want for a real test screening.

If test screeninga really are useless, Hollywood  would have given them up a long time ago, as it stands they have been around for nearly 90 years.

But how the Flash did will not have much impact on how Aqua 2 does. It will probably be a reverse of the WW/JL scneario where WW was a huge hit but did not keep JL from bombing because of the bVS connection;if it's good and fun like the first, Aquaman 2 will be a hit regardless of The FLash being a horrible bomb.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

But how the Flash did will not have much impact on how Aqua 2 does. It will probably be a reverse of the WW/JL scneario where WW was a huge hit but did not keep JL from bombing because of the bVS connection;if it's good and fun like the first, Aquaman 2 will be a hit regardless of The FLash being a horrible bomb.

Wasn't Wonder Woman also connected to BVS? The character was introduced in BVS, and begins and ends making a connection between BVS and the Justice League film. There's more behind the JL bombing than that.

DEADLINE: You’ve got this coming out in theaters in October, and you’ve got Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom coming in December. DC’s been through some adversity with The Flash not overwhelming, Black Adam either. The first Aquaman was the brightest spot in the DC canon excepting Batman. Is this a movie you’re excited about?

HEARD: Oh, of course. These are very different kinds of projects representing two very different ends of the spectrum in my industry. There’s a ton of pressure on these big franchise movies, with millions and millions of dollars at stake, and compromises are part of trying to make it the most successful thing it can be. Then on the other end of the spectrum is a small indie film like In The Fire, a work of art and work of love, with nowhere near the same resources, and so there are compromises there. The best luck you can have as an actor is to be able to balance both. Aquaman, that franchise and the machinery behind it, I’m very honored, honored to be a part of that. And then there are these small passion projects like In The Fire, where I’m proud to have gotten to know the filmmaker and the cast, and we got dirty together, to breathe life into this story. There’s something cool about that, and I think success is an actor who is able to have both those things.

Amber Heard Talks Moving On With ‘In The Fire’ At Taormina Film Festival – Deadline

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The trailer for the first movie was released on July 2018, the trailer for this one probably will be attached to Barbie/Blue Beetle.

• Like 2

Yeh I can’t see this or Blue Beetle doing well. Expectations are in the ground box office wise unfortunately. I just don’t see why if Black Adam underperformed, Shazam 2 and Flash bombed, why these two wouldn’t. People aren’t as interested anymore. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 8:58 AM, ThomasNicole said:

Aquaman(2018)first trailer dropped on July.

• Thanks 1

Unless Blue Beetle really overperforms, it will be the highest grossing DC movie of the year. Even if it's horrible and audiences hate it, a surprisingly barren Christmas season will easily push this above Shazam 2 and The Flash numbers.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Unless Blue Beetle really overperforms, it will be the highest grossing DC movie of the year. Even if it's horrible and audiences hate it, a surprisingly barren Christmas season will easily push this above Shazam 2 and The Flash numbers.

At this rate Blue Beetle making 200 million worldwide will be considered overperforming.

On 6/27/2023 at 5:15 AM, Krissykins said:

Yeh I can’t see this or Blue Beetle doing well. Expectations are in the ground box office wise unfortunately. I just don’t see why if Black Adam underperformed, Shazam 2 and Flash bombed, why these two wouldn’t. People aren’t as interested anymore. 

But the major thing Aquaman 2 has is the holidays which has very little competition. If the movie looks visually great and fun it should do fine. Right now I'd say $600M-$800M WW.

• Like 1

Reshoots happening just as last week apparently. Wonka trailer is finally dropping tomorrow so i hope Aquaman trailer will be attached to Barbie, that will be huge and it would be good for Aquaman to have a trailer wildly seen.

Wilson is also offering a brief update on his character, Orm, in Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, as he participated in reshoots just a couple of weeks ago. 

“Orm is awesome. I was with him last week,” Wison says.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/insidious-the-red-door-patrick-wilson-1235531286/