MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

With Warner Bros. reportedly discussing some shuffling of its 2023 projects including “The Color Purple,” “Dune: Part Two” and another DC Studios sequel “Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom,” Warner Bros. insiders tell Variety the Jason Momoa film is expected to hold its Dec. 20 release date.

Blue Beetle Director Ángel Manuel Soto Talk Strikes and Latino Culture - Variety

Well if this is the one movie they sure it will release then i guess a trailer should come with Blue Beetle 

I hope Wan can get out of this mess with an entertaining movie, he don’t deserve to have a colossal and panned failure because of the mess in WB and DC that made him change a lot of things during this process

Edited by ThomasNicole

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

This movie is going to kill him

The man has not had it easy on Big Franchise films. Furious 7 was a nightmare even before Paul Walker died due to Vinny D and even the first aquaman was not a cakewalk to put together supposedly. 

I honestly thought the first film was a pretty good superhero film, and waaay underrated.

Problem is this film has the same problem The Flash, and others have had, that its part of a universe that has already been cancelled and about to be rebooted. I think it will make more than The Flash, but its still going gross low and be miles away from the first movie.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I honestly thought the first film was a pretty good superhero film, and waaay underrated.

Problem is this film has the same problem The Flash, and others have had, that its part of a universe that has already been cancelled and about to be rebooted. I think it will make more than The Flash, but its still going gross low and be miles away from the first movie.

The first film has no connection to the DCEU. IDK why people would now care if this does or doesn't.

• Like 1

Damn the fact alone that the first film made near $300m in China is quite telling on how this one will fare in comparison on the global scale.

Crazy how Venom and Aquaman did this so close to one another back in 2018! For Venom, China actually outgrossed the US as its biggest market by like $60m, makes the performance of the 2nd film look even better considering that had no China (first one is at around $590m with no China, 2nd film did ~$510m with equal gross in the US).

I believe Aquaman still sits at around $850m if you take out China, but I do expect it to drop by ⅓ in several markets... so we'll see.

24 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Damn the fact alone that the first film made near $300m in China is quite telling on how this one will fare in comparison on the global scale.

Crazy how Venom and Aquaman did this so close to one another back in 2018! For Venom, China actually outgrossed the US as its biggest market by like $60m, makes the performance of the 2nd film look even better considering that had no China (first one is at around $590m with no China, 2nd film did ~$510m with equal gross in the US).

I believe Aquaman still sits at around $850m if you take out China, but I do expect it to drop by ⅓ in several markets... so we'll see.

⅓ drop overall seems like the most likely scenario I think. 

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

I believe Wan cast her

It was Zack Snyder; she appeared in ZSJL.

Similarly Zack Snyder casted Donnie Yen as Vulko for ZSJL but he turned down the role and it went to William Dafoe who also played the role in Aquaman.

38 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

It was Zack Snyder; she appeared in ZSJL.

Similarly Zack Snyder casted Donnie Yen as Vulko for ZSJL but he turned down the role and it went to William Dafoe who also played the role in Aquaman.

Just because she was in JL doesn't mean ZS cast her.

14 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

The first film has no connection to the DCEU. IDK why people would now care if this does or doesn't.

Ähm, thats not entirely correct. In the first Aquaman, they literally talk about the Justice League and what happened in that movie in the scene where Aquaman and Meera meet.

Though to be sure, nobody needed to see any other DC movie before Aquaman. It works very well as a standalone film and i hope the sequel does as well.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Was he the one that hired Amber Heard? or was it Zack Snyder

It was a decision probably made by both of them. When Amber Heard was cast in January 2016, Zack Snyder was called the architect of the DCEU by the press, and James Wan was already hired to direct Aquaman. During the interviews for Aquaman, Heard was always talking about how Snyder convinced her that the Mera role wasn't a damsel in distress, which she feared would be the case because she wasn't familiar with the comics. It also seems that both of them stand by this decision, as Snyder brought her back for the additional scenes in his cut of Justice League and she posted a picture of a personal message from Wan welcoming her to the Aquaman 2 set, at a time when there was already an online petition with millions of signatures demanding her to be fired and she was being harassed on social media.

• Like 1