Eric the Ape

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

11 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

What I remember from last night was 

Hobbs and Shaw

Spider Man

Dark Phoenix new trailer 

Dumbo

The Lion King

Shazam new trailer

Avengers Endgame

If there were any other trailers they werent memorable.

Its funny. We had a bunch of family/Christian-themed trailers:

A Dog's Journey

Wonder Park

Dumbo

Shazam

Run the Race

Breakthrough

Then the *Dreamworks* logo came up and it started playing HTTYD3. We got about a minute into it, the screen suddenly went black for a minute, and then the Disney logo came up and the movie actually started. Was kinda weird and the second time that's happened. When we went to the Wonder Woman premier they accidentally started the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie instead before realizing their mistake and running the correct movie.

I have to say, the audience really got into the Stan Lee-centric Marvel opening.

Edited by Wrath
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, VENOM said:

People are high fiving each other likes it’s the first MCU movie to open strongly. Once the hardcore MCU fans are done seeing this for the 10th time in two days that's when we see if it really is a hit with GA

The general audience are the hardcore mcu fans. They watch all the movies but know nothing of the comics. From here on out every Marvel film is locked for nearly 80m at a minimum on OW.

11 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Am I the only one that thinks it's too early even for Charlie?

No offense, but my God it's 8:30am 🤣

Yeah, its basically an estimate, which we do in China thread based on PS we have, on the basis of comps which we think might suit it.

• Like 2

$150m gives it the 4th biggest March opening weekend ever, behind Beauty and the Beast, Batman v Superman and The Hunger Games. 

2nd biggest Superhero origin film opening ever, after Black Panther (which BOM doesn’t count as an origin film, why is that??) 

7 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

The general audience are the hardcore mcu fans. They watch all the movies but know nothing of the comics. From here on out every Marvel film is locked for nearly 80m at a minimum on OW.

Ant-Man and the Wasp didn’t reach $80m and that was the most recent release before today. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Look at early pants here.......its past 8pm where I am at.

Daylight saving time or not? The world time map shows both for your theoretical time zone (I hate when they do that, all within their zones should have the same, less confusion)

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Hey nobody said you arent allowed to like BATB 17. Why do you feel so attacked?

Just because someone (like me in this instance) says "I dont like Film X", that doesnt mean that others cant like it, obviously. Its just the opinion of 1 guy lol.

Why would you think i would be attacked? I’m not offended that that there are dislikers of that movie. Don’t try to school me for being too sensitive for a huge movie. 🙄

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$150m gives it the 4th biggest March opening weekend ever, behind Beauty and the Beast, Batman v Superman and The Hunger Games. 

2nd biggest Superhero origin film opening ever, after Black Panther (which BOM doesn’t count as an origin film, why is that??

I think the logic is that Black Panther was introduced in Civil War, and the events in the BP movie is after that.

Whereas even though Wonder Woman was introduced in BvS, the events in the WW movie precedes BvS.

5 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Daylight saving time or not? The world time map shows both for your theoretical time zone (I hate when they do that, all within their zones should have the same, less confusion)

No daylight savings in my country.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

2nd biggest Superhero origin film opening ever, after Black Panther (which BOM doesn’t count as an origin film, why is that??) 

Well, BOM did count it as a superhero origin film, but for some lame reason, it’s discounted nowadays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LexJoker said:

I think the logic is that Black Panther was introduced in Civil War, and the events in the BP movie is after that.

Whereas even though Wonder Woman was introduced in BvS, the events in the WW movie precedes BvS.

Also, I'd say, because Black Panther didn't show the origin of him becoming Black Panther.