Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Disney shill.

(in all seriousness, why three times?)

I was only planning on seeing it twice, but my friend convinced me last night to see it in Dolby today bc I’m not doing anything else in the afternoon lol

btw I have heard firsthand from two friends they really enjoyed it

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

If opening of Captain Marvel presage something, its the riot which Endgame gonna create internationally. Ffs Captain Marvel, having 0 character introduction to majority foreign audience is breaking Black Panther opening by 50-300% in Asian, Latin American, even European countries just because it has a small mention in Infinity War end credit.

Brace for impact as Endgame gonna do something of some other level.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There is a strong chance I see Captain Marvel 3 times over the next week-ish 🤔 Seeing it in Dolby this afternoon

There there Han, it’s alright that you’re a casual. We still accept you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Disney shill.

It surprises you that our resident complainer about old people is going to see the MCU movie that supports old lady punching multiple times?

Related image

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

If opening of Captain Marvel presage something, its the riot which Endgame gonna create internationally. Ffs Captain Marvel, having 0 character introduction to majority foreign audience is breaking Black Panther opening by 50-300% in Asian, Latin American, even European countries just because it has a small mention in Infinity War end credit.

3 billie WW for Endgame.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah Endgame will likely be the biggest deal internationally since Avatar  I think? 

12 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I was gonna say I don't think I've been to the theaters since Spider-Verse, but then I remembered I saw Broly and wished I didn't.

LIES. Broly was awesome.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah Endgame will likely be the biggest deal internationally since Avatar  I think? 

Avatar was sort of like legs, not that hysteria. It just kept going.

End Game will have that hysteria and rush of catching it ASAP. If Disney give it day and date release in China, Billion Dollar weekend is possibility.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There is a strong chance I see Captain Marvel 3 times over the next week-ish 🤔 Seeing it in Dolby this afternoon

Same! 

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Disney shill.

Cause there’s supposed to be a monster snow storm up here on Sunday. So unless I got twice on Saturday, only gonna get to three this weekend. 😉

I also only did Wondy three times on her OW, so it feels like I should respect that. Treat them as equals. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

LIES. Broly was awesome.

Hey man, I'm probably the biggest Dragon Ball fan on this site. I wanted to like it, but we don't always get what we want in life.

Ironically the one thing for me in that movie that really worked was, well... Broly.