The Wild Eric

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

9 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

@Charlie Jatinder

Go to sleep! Thank you, but we can wait while you get a full night's rest before giving us an update. ❤

Who is this "we" that you speak of? Do you not remember what happened last time Charlie decided to choose sleep over BOT? How some of you forget so quickly :circles:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Guess I will have to be awake another hour or two to confirm that.

Go to sleep. You need to recharge your powers for next weekend.

Edited by Litio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

So you appreciate that WB doesn’t have to rely on live action adaptations and superheroes and then say that WB had to rely on a superhero and a live action adaptation to hit the billion mark?

Yeah my phrasing was stupid as hell.I mentioned WB because they (will) have 2 billion films but I appreciate them because they also have 2 major horror franchises (conjuring,it),one monster franchise (Godzilla v kong) and then they will throw something original in the mix like a Nolan film or something.What's the last time Disney had one of those?

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Yeah my phrasing was stupid as hell.I mentioned WB because they (will) have 2 billion films but I appreciate them because they also have 2 major horror franchises (conjuring,it),one monster franchise (Godzilla v kong) and then they will throw something original in the mix like a Nolan film or something.What's the last time Disney had one of those?

They have had those recently; it is just that they have flopped.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Dang, both new movies couldn't go $15M+...but it was tight:)...congrats to Wonder Park and Five Feet Apart for overperforming (hasn't been a lot of that this year)...hopefully, that continues for premier projects next week with Us:)...

30 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$29.47mn Saturday by Disney. And $20.75mn Sunday.

Guess I will have to be awake another hour or two to confirm that.

Psst pusssy. Its 9pm on Sunday night. 😝

Go drink some chaas, run through the fields or sing Aisa Desh Hai Mera! 

Thats what people in P’jab do right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

You know what sucks about Alita? that it still made enough that studios will continue to try to make more bad anime live action adaptations instead of making animated anime movies. Anime and live action do not go together at all period. Quit trying to make them a thing.

But Alita was good.

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2019 at 11:34 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Everything that’s been said alredy confirms what I’ve stated all this time. The movie won’t be the massive 1 billion grossing success that BOT is expecting. Those predictions are absolutely batshit insane. I trust that Grace Randolph has inside information. But we don’t even need that to deduct that the movie will gross 700 million AT most (Im expecting 600~). Just look at the trailer and reception. The movie looks basic and boring (phase 1 level) and I don’t think anyone’s booty hole will be puckering to see it. 

Imagine typing out this wikipedia entry and being completely wrong 

tired_spongebob.w700.h700.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

So you appreciate that WB doesn’t have to rely on live action adaptations and superheroes and then say that WB had to rely on a superhero and a live action adaptation to hit the billion mark?

He obviously meant live-action remakes of cartoons for Disney. It doesn't get worse than that in terms of originality (except perhaps CGI "photorealistic" "live action" remakes).

In comparison, a first adaptation like Detective Pikachu is a triumph of creativity for a movie dominating the box office.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Haha 2