TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Only thing though - Saturdays have performed better relative to Fridays all year in 2019 (maybe the effect of the move to almost all AMC and Cinemark subscribers who prebuy vs the Moviepass effect last year)...we've had some low Fridays and then some unexpectedly great Saturdays...so, I'm not ruling out the movie going $60M+ (when the previews are added) yet, b/c we've seen quite a few crazy Saturdays this year...

Yeah HTTY3 also had a very good Saturday. Same with US. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's a real drag that Grace Randolph is referenced for anything here other than comedy. She's a joke.

I don't understand the hate for Grace. She is actually much more informative than all the male youtubers 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I don't understand the hate for Grace. She is actually much more informative than all the male youtubers 

I'd apply the same thing I said about her to just about all YouTubers that are referenced here. She's referenced more than the others though.

There's one that does a decent job breaking down box office. Forget who it is. That person does a good job. Pretty much all of the rest aren't worth the time.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'd apply the same thing I said about her to just about all YouTubers that are referenced here. She's referenced more than the others though.

There's one that does a decent job breaking down box office. Forget who it is. That person does a good job. Pretty much all of the rest aren't worth the time.

Dan Murrel on Screen Junkies is quite solid.

The rest is not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

That person is Dan Murrell. His YouTube show is the only good box office show on YouTube. That's it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

How can the director fire someone from a sequel tho? Aren't people working on movies hired from movie to movie and don't have a contract or permanent employment? When the movie is done they are done unless the studio decides to rehire them again if they choose to. 

PS: Yes I know actors have contracts but I don't think the crew behind the movie has one and they are hired on a per movie basis. 

one would have to move away from the tv and go there to the quantum realm and find out for themselves.  

Edited by shouldnt have shouldnt be
  • Like 1

Dan Murrell's probably the only voice out of all of the Youtube movie scene I actually listen to. Him and Roth, especially on charting with Dan

Edited by TMP
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Dan Murrell's probably the only voice out of all of the Youtube movie scene I actually listen too. Him and Roth, especially on charting with Dan

I really appreciate how neutral and factual he and Roth are when it comes down to just analyzing the numbers. Every other YouTuber seems to have biases and some sort of agenda but not them.

Edited by Brainbug

Us drops 58% if that number holds. More proof that the film is not really connecting with audiences. It's way too weird in my opinion way too many potholes in my opinion, actually that was not an opinion that's a fact lol. So it doesn't surprise me see the third weekend drop be quite large.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

35 minutes ago, Matthew said:

She's pushing 3 billion for End Game. She's crazy and thought Captain Marvel was gonna tank

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Nah Armageddon is two weeks later.

Pikachu is gonna do 150 million OW, 50 million above long term tracking and people will call it a failure. Just watch.

Edited by cdsacken

3 hours ago, Matthew said:

Patty Jenkins has also fired lots of people who made Wonder Woman successful like the crucial screenwriter. 

I am nervous about WW84 the most, I think it will not live up to the hype. 

Crucial screenwriter? Woman Woman's script was not one of its strengths, it was very basic. Unless Callaham's script is awful, I don't see it being a downgrade. 

3 hours ago, TMP said:

It just looks like it's doubling down on that faux-grunge, try-hard hot topic-lite aesthetic that Ayer set up. Also, it's from the same screenwriter who brought us Unforgettable and Shut In.

Joker could be absolutely terrible too, but I have more faith since it's not a spin-off to one of the worst blockbusters of the last decade. At this point WW84's the only one I'm confident on in terms of quality, the other 2 could go either way.

I don't exactly have a lot of faith in WB but BoP is the first DCEU film with a script's that's been praised. That's gotta mean little to no meddling from WB and WB meddling was one of the big problems with SS, yes? I'm more wary of BoP turning into the Harley show than anything else.

Joker may have Phoenix but it's the most questionable of all, imo.

Edited by Ororo Munroe

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Us drops 58% if that number holds. More proof that the film is not really connecting with audiences. It's way too weird in my opinion way too many potholes in my opinion, actually that was not an opinion that's a fact lol. So it doesn't surprise me see the third weekend drop be quite large.

I don’t know, baumer! Wouldn’t competition be as likely a factor? Halloween 2018 had larger drops in all three of its first weekends. I really liked Us. I thought it was unique and thought provoking. I do understand that It isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1