TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

Just realized with CM being the 38th billion-dollar grosser there's been 31 of them just within this decade, 33 if you count Phantom Menace and Jurassic Park reaching the mark with re-releases. Jeezus.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Just realized with CM being the 38th billion-dollar grosser there's been 31 of them just within this decade, 33 if you count Phantom Menace and Jurassic Park reaching the mark with re-releases. Jeezus.

And how many Disney 😁😁😁😁

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

And people are still thinking movies in the past had more advantages in making more money because they don't need to deal with online piracy and intense competition..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Do you earnestly compare a high starter to small starters? (starter = 1st movie of the character)

Even black panther has 3x legs in the OS-China markets, CM will be less than 2.5x. a clear signal that CM OW Overseas/and total numbers were inflated.

9 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

Even black panther has 3x legs in the OS-China markets, CM will be less than 2.5x. a clear signal that CM OW Overseas/and total numbers were inflated.

BP started Low in many countries. CM was much more hyped overseas. 

Going by your argument Infinity war was also front loaded overseas. Does it mean Endgame will drop? 😱😱😱

2 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

Deadline has some hilariously over the top biases. Even though Nikki Finke hasn't been part of it for years. 

For instance, pretty much all coverage of the WGA/ATA negotiations is heavily slanted towards the agencies. For instance

And at least as far as CBMs, they tend to lean MCU. And they like to push contentious match-ups, because it drives anger clicks. 

Maybe I no was trolling at all.

29 minutes ago, Matthew said:

BP started Low in many countries. CM was much more hyped overseas. 

Going by your argument Infinity war was also front loaded overseas. Does it mean Endgame will drop? 😱😱😱

Since when Infinity war is an original/non-sequel movie? and IW was not inflated by the help of other movie....

90% of  original CBMs (with good reviews / reception) have 3x + legs in the OS-China markets,  CM OW/general  numbers are inflated by the Endgame tie in (especially OS) this is obvious!

Edited by Lucasmessi12

Just now, Steele131 said:

Wonder Woman 1984 is opening to 150M and making 400M + again. Book it 

DC predictions:

Joker: $110m OW/$300m Dom

BoP: $80m OW/$250m Dom

WW84: $145m OW/$390m Dom

Batman and 2icide Squad are too far away rn for any solid prediction. Also feel like BoP will be another Suicide Squad quality-wise, but I'm sure it'll still make a ton of money.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Also feel like BoP will be another Suicide Squad quality-wise

No way it ends up being that bad. Like, nothing could go that bad. I have faith in Cathy Yan and Margot Robbie to make a good movie. It will at the very least be a unique vision and not the generic GOTG wannabe that was Suicide Squad.

• Knock It Off 2

3 hours ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

Beside that BP is not a first introduction of the character and some other reasons see China, or.... what about it will end over BP OS result?

I am not one of the ones who 'proof' all per OW mp, the market is open 'only' for certain amounts too. 

Beside, that is the only possible interpretation?

Like female vs male reactions.... have no chance to play into it a bit too? Or...

I was yesterday in the cinema here in my region to rewatch it, more than half of the people there were 1st time watchers - nearly all of the 1st timers were males, I spoke to quite a lot of them guess why they didn't try earlier?

They 'heard' it is a bad movie. Most got courios per reactions out of their RL friends, some also per Endgame connection.

Not one of them agreed to that.

All were older, as in at least 35y up, mostly 40y and older. A very few were solo there, the most in 2 or 3 groupings. 

Plus a couple of families with in my POV too young children with them (btw, they were the only families in the audience, it was a bit early inn the day, was surprised to see so many in the room, pre-sales were a lot less), those were half and half first timers, all others (mixed groups mostly) were repeat watchers., so I guess they didn't hate it neither (I sat on a seat where they had to pass me to leave, great to hear some reactions and...)

edit: forgot to add: there is always a possibility for doing less in part 2, but I am against to knot it to one reason, and especially to do it before anything is released about it, no promo, no reviews, no information about local situations/events, translation qualities, exchange rates, nothing.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No way it ends up being that bad. Like, nothing could go that bad. I have faith in Cathy Yan and Margot Robbie to make a good movie. It will at the very least be a unique vision and not the generic GOTG wannabe that was Suicide Squad.

It just looks like it's doubling down on that faux-grunge, try-hard hot topic-lite aesthetic that Ayer set up. Also, it's from the same screenwriter who brought us Unforgettable and Shut In.

Joker could be absolutely terrible too, but I have more faith since it's not a spin-off to one of the worst blockbusters of the last decade. At this point WW84's the only one I'm confident on in terms of quality, the other 2 could go either way.

Edited by TMP

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

It just looks like it's doubling down on that faux-grunge, try-hard hot topic-lite aesthetic that Ayer set up. Also, it's from the same screenwriter who brought us Unforgettable and Shut In.

Joker could be absolutely terrible too, but I have more faith since it's not a spin-off to one of the worst blockbusters of the last decade. At this point WW84's the only one I'm confident on in terms of quality, the other 2 could go either way.

Patty Jenkins has also fired lots of people who made Wonder Woman successful like the crucial screenwriter. 

I am nervous about WW84 the most, I think it will not live up to the hype. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Patty Jenkins has also fired lots of people who made Wonder Woman successful like the crucial screenwriter. 

I am nervous about WW84 the most, I think it will not live up to the hype. 

Dave Callahan, screenwriter on WW84, is also writing Spider-Verse 2, Marvel's Shang Chi and Zombieland 2. I think the movie will be fine.

Dumbo will easily open bigger than Shazam. Shazam is as of now not even selling half of Aquaman's presales. And Aquaman only opened to 67M. So Shazam will open in the low 30Ms if nothing changes in buzz.

To remember this was a post just last weekend.