TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

Hotel Mumbai is having a sorta underappreciated run. On track to enter Bleecker Street's top 4 movies despite the reviews being only solid and the fact it was on the shelf for a while. Very impressive, especially for a movie that promises a completely miserable experience.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Aehm, people who are new here usually start in the threads of their country or continent.

Nice way to welcome tries to explore other regions too?

He’s a new poster who’s basically only posted about Shazam failing. It’s pretty easy to see what’s up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

And to think that studios held on for so long to their belief that "audiences are not interested in female superheroes"...

Obviously, just like with male superheroes, if you make a decent film, first of all, market it well, and make it an event, superheroine films will evidently succeed.

Looking forward to many more movies starring the superladies!!

Hear, hear! Now, let's get a proper Catwoman movie in the works! When I say proper, I mean exactly origin, quirks of Michelle Pfieffer's Catwoman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shuotong said:

Deadline gives the latest update with additional photography from last December.

All numbers incl Deadline's got released very recently, there is no reason why Deadline should have the scoup over Variety or other bigger outlets. Variety's numbers got released around 2 weeks after Deadline, should be more actual for that too.

Deadline is good for a first impression, but in-depth I go elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

“Shazam’s doing well domestically what do we do?”  

“Bring up the Chinese WoM” 

It's fair to bring up. Aquman did 6x what Shazam will finish doing and nearly twice what CM did. It's 30% below the conservative figures WB China projected and it's in the company of Ghost Rider 2. That's worth mentioning.

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

He’s a new poster who’s basically only posted about Shazam failing. It’s pretty easy to see what’s up.

Exactly. Posting sarcastic remarks on the China BO thread as well...

Everywhere i see him, he is pulling down SHAZAM.

Every positive news someone brings, he replies with something sarcastic. Lol

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hear, hear! Now, let's get a proper Catwoman movie in the works! When I say proper, I mean exactly origin, quirks of Michelle Pfieffer's Catwoman.

Yes please. I'd see it with great enthusiasm. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Aehm, people who are new here usually start in the threads of their country or continent.

Nice way to welcome tries to explore other regions too?

But he's not new, or only focused on China:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

It's fair to bring up. Aquman did 6x what Shazam will finish doing and nearly twice what CM did. It's 30% below the conservative figures WB China projected and it's in the company of Ghost Rider 2. That's worth mentioning.

China’s taste is pretty unique and considering the small amount studios get from it, it really isn’t anything to discuss. SW routinely flops in China.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shuotong said:

"But when someone says Dumbo's China ow is terrible it's OK"

True. Shazam did kinda bad in China. Dumbo did atrocious and bad in US. Dumbo is an absolute flop hopefully ending Burton with Disney forever. Shazam is good enough to get a sequel, just not loved WW.

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Disappointed? Other fanbase? Unfriendly users at China as reaction to provided information... there are always more than one possibilities, if someone reacts one-sided as a new-ish one.

= I do think there is some ... one sided information-conclusion thing, but there were tries to be helpful there too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Absolutely.

And really, Catwoman is the only DC female character that I would say is as iconic and well known to the GA as Wonder Woman. Yes, I know that Harley is quite popular, but I imagine that she is not the kind of character that even old people would know by name (because she doesn't have as long a history as Diana and Selina, of course). 

I would definitely love to see Catwoman shining in a solo film, but I have no doubt that whenever they do the latest iteration of Batman, Selina will be somehow involved in a potential sequel at least.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Absolutely.

And really, Catwoman is the only DC female character that I would say is as iconic and well known to the GA as Wonder Woman. Yes, I know that Harley is quite popular, but I imagine that she is not the kind of character that even old people would know by name (because she doesn't have as long a history as Diana and Selina, of course). 

I would definitely love to see Catwoman shining in a solo film, but I have no doubt that whenever they do the latest iteration of Batman, Selina will be somehow involved in a potential sequel at least.

Sorry but I think you’re way off lol. Harley Quinn >>>>>>>>> Catwoman. Harley can lead a movie. Catwoman is more of a Falcon like character to me. 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Sorry but I think you’re way off lol. Harley Quinn >>>>>>>>> Catwoman. Harley can lead a movie. Catwoman is more of a Falcon like character to me. 

Hmm. Not if done properly. Pfieffer's Cat in Batman Returns was far and away the most adored thing about that flick. Just gotta get it right and crowds will flock. Harley is literally a sidekick to Joker. She's huge but Catwoman can and would be bigger if done right.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Exactly. Posting sarcastic remarks on the China BO thread as well...

Everywhere i see him, he is pulling down SHAZAM.

Every positive news someone brings, he replies with something sarcastic. Lol

One says he only write this, the other says, but there, he did also write that,... now you too point out.

Hmmmm I still think the reaction I reacted to was a bit harsh to someone with only 37 posts and seemingly being not from the US. 

I do not think he makes #1 of the one sided members here yet, or? Maybe give it time and either it gets better or worse 😉