Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

2015 was crazy.

A

SW film did 2.05 (I mean it is almost nothing in one end of world)

FF film did 1.5

JW film did 1.65

and Avengers only 1.4

Come 2019

We are heading for Avengers doing 2.6+

SW9 will be lucky to do half of that

JW:FK & FF8 didn't do even half of that

And it's all because of Paul Rudd.

paul-rudd-jeremy-renner-1024x558.jpg

Your secret weapon against Avatar.

• Like 1

Just now, cookie said:

I think a BP2 that lives up to the original has a legit shot at IW OW.

BP2 seems like a TLJ or AOU scenario. I don't think there will be a hook or a novelty as strong as the first one had.

• Like 2

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Does anyone else think Far From Home could disappoint ever so slightly a la Antman and the Wasp? It just seems like people may be emotionally drained after Endgame and need a little break?

I think Spider-Man will do well but it faces Lion King two weeks later which will hurt its legs. I imagine it'll be a palate cleanser much like Ant-Man was. 

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

Does anyone else think Far From Home could disappoint ever so slightly a la Antman and the Wasp? It just seems like people may be emotionally drained after Endgame and need a little break?

Spiderman is not Ant man, Peter Parker is more popular than scott Lang 

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

A small chance due to competition. However, the next trailer will be post endgame and will have tie-ins unlike AM&W. 

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Spiderman is not Ant man, Peter Parker is more popular than scott Lang 

I know tonally we just watched this epic weepfest and now we have to watch this cutesy teen rom-com about a kid going on vacation? lol

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

Perhaps. It has a couple of weeks' extra difference but the timing is reasonably similar. 

However Antman and the Wasp also suffered from a horrible staggered international release due to the World Cup and featured a less prominent character. These bit worldwide launches are massive marketing boosts.

Also, it wasn't placed in between two parts of an ongoing story.

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

People were saying back on TFA's OW thread that nothing would top its OW/Total until the mid-20s at the earliest. Meanwhile, this is the second film to topple its OW and stands a chance at overtaking it domestically. There are always records to fall, and they happen sooner than you expect.

Well TBF 3 of the last 5 record breakers have been Avengers movies, 2 in the last 2 years. 

That skews more toward Avengers Franchise dominance and growth than the fact that there will be consistent record breakers.

Additionally, the two others were in franchises coming off long hiatuses with a heavy lean on nostalgia.

So odds are it's not a new franchise that will break the record.