The Wild Eric

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

But it needs lots of time to develop if so for it to be so effective. A solid decade at least. So either way, can't see how anything touches this for like another decade. 

I don't expect another Avengers films for five years, I imagine something on the scale of Secret Wars will be at least a decade or so away. Marvel will pull it off but like the Infinity Saga, it'll will take time,

Just now, Fanboy said:

So let's say it does about 340M this weekend, how likely is it that Endgame takes the 2nd weekend record? Needs about a 56% decline to do it which is just larger than Infinity War's drop. 

I don't think it's dropping below 200m next weekend if it does 340m+. That means there will be tons of people who got sold out this weekend and this is not the time of year people can really go en masse to movies on the weekdays. 

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I don't think it's dropping below 200m next weekend if it does 340m+. That means there will be tons of people who got sold out this weekend and this is not the time of year people can really go en masse to movies on the weekdays. 

A $200m second weekend? Absurd. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Just now, Robertron said:

A $200m second weekend? Absurd. 

It is absurd...

But...

So is a nearly $350m opening. So who knows at this point. I wouldn't bet money on $200m but there's a good shot at it beating TFA's 2nd weekend. 

• Like 1

Just as I said after my first viewing, now after second, book me down for 3+ multi. Hands down the best WOM I've seen from a SH movie. Holy crap, 150M+!!!!!!!!!

Also can we stop with the nonsense that 300M isn't because of the ceiling. We're seeing 90M+ day and potentially see another 100M day tomorrow. :ohmygod:

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I can see the spillover factor leading to a smaller drop next weekend, but 200M? I don't want to say its impossible given how many times A:EG has proved me wrong, but 200M is barely possible for a non-Star Wars, non-Avengers movie on OW. 

I refuse to believe a $200m second weekend is possible.  It will have burned off so much demand this weekend and throughout the week.  It will battle TFA for the 2nd weekend record for sure though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Why would 340 mean tons of people got sold out as opposed to meaning screenings were ramped way up to handle the demand and basically everyone that wanted to see the movie this weekend was able to?

2 minutes ago, ZackM said:

Why would 340 mean tons of people got sold out as opposed to meaning screenings were ramped way up to handle the demand and basically everyone that wanted to see the movie this weekend was able to?

It could mean that if this were one of those movies where hype and WOM was going to be contained in the fanbase. 

16 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

So let's say it does about 340M this weekend, how likely is it that Endgame takes the 2nd weekend record? Needs about a 56% decline to do it which is just larger than Infinity War's drop. 

I predict it'll come in just under the $149M 2nd weekend of TFA, although who the hell knows anymore? It wasn't so long ago I was trying not to even think about $300M for OW!

I mean, really, all bets are off.

• Like 1