Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just now, RichWS said:

Ed! Hope all is well. Good to see ya around for this ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT like the moon landing or Cheers finale.

Yeah we keep saying that and we find ourselves back a few years later saying the same thing. 🤔

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is fucking insane. And keep in mind these words are coming from the guy who went into this weekend thinking 330+ was a legit possibility for the weekend. But what the actual holy fucking shit fuck, 100m Friday proper possibly on the table?????

I am scared for Saturday. Normal jump gets it to 120M, mother fucking 120M. He keep saying conservative so it could hit 100M for Friday, holy mother of God .:mouthdropped::excited:

Edited by druv10
  • Astonished 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

My original concern with seeing it that early was “there probably won’t be that many crowd reactions since there won’t be that many people there.”  Then I remembered that it’s making 350M opening weekend

My noon crowd was pretty dead. I love me a silent audience but even I was hoping for a little more juice. They're always lame around here, though.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lol @ the highest grossing 2014 DOM film potentially getting taken down in one weekend. The dark ages, may they never return. 

2014, both cinematically and personally, is a year that should be wiped from collective memory. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Other than A:EG

CM 2.25

CoLL 2

Breakthrough 1.7

CM is in line with BP's post-easter increase percentage wise, but this has Endgame's OW to contend with. 

• Like 2

truly shocking.  I mean, everyone knew it was going to be big but this is the kind of thing that 10 years from now if you're active on these forums you'll always remember.  

I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but still im giddy when these phenomenons happen.  enjoy it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

I have tickets for tomorrow for 11am showing. They were the only good ones I can find cause second viewing on OW wasn’t in the plan.

But ugh, even second time I feel like I’m still not ready

Second time will be better, it was for me. For one, you know what's going to happen which will help with how much was packed in the 3 hrs and second you do pick up on the nods and winks.

• Like 1

At my second showing after seeing it last night. This theatre is packed for an 11pm show and every other one tonight has been sold out hours ahead of showtime in this podunk town. The parking lot was a fucking war zone. I've never seen anything remotely like this. Infinity War was subdued in comparison. I was able to walk up and get a ticket for that at 7:30 last year no problem. Today showing up here at 7:30 might have got me in the 10pm show.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Other than A:EG

CM 2.25

CoLL 2

Breakthrough 1.7

and CM #2... unreal. Drop in the bucket compared to AEG gross but still, just shows how ridiculous this all is. 

Not only is Endgame shattering all records and will probably make, alone, more money in one week-end than the previous biggest week-end of all-time, but the #2 is also a Marvel movie starring a character that's IN said record-breaking movie.

Just what the hell?

• Like 2