Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Nothing in my lifetime is approaching this. 

Unless Disney/Marvel does something 20 years from now to bring back the OG cast similar to TFA so adjusting for inflation and whatever, maybe? 

But like we are talking about an OD that’s gonna be equal to OWs of so many popular CBM and blockbusters. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Tbh would DC even add on that much value to an Avengers Film? Not a knock against DC as they really taking some good strides recent and Aquaman did make $1.14 Billion but seems like the MCU Films have elevated the Marvel characters into the zeitgeist. 

As a one-off film, it could work but TBH both companies are better off doing their own things. 

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

@Charlie Jatinder do you think it's realistic for the MCU To do 5B WW in 2019?

something like:

Captain Marvel 1.14B

Avengers Endgame 2.71B

Spider-Man Far From Home 1.15B

or am i going too crazy with this prediction :ph34r:

Endgame and Spider Man will do more. If Spider get right, 300mn in China is given. I expect dom to be 400mn. Shall do 500mn in rest.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think a Cursed Child film would do very well but I think it wouldn't be as big as Endgame.

Cursed Child has the problem of, well, being about one of HPs sons. I do agree it would do pretty decent though.

• Like 1

Just now, CloneWars said:

Cursed Child has the problem of, well, being about one of HPs sons. I do agree it would do pretty decent though.

I really liked the play but I think they'd have to add new elements or changes to make it work as a film or films. 

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think a Cursed Child film would do very well but I think it wouldn't be as big as Endgame.

2 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

If a Cursed Child movie came out next year, it would probably be able to do about the same as DH2 (real numbers, not adjusted). It would be big, but not close to Endgame (or even IW).

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

Nothing in my lifetime is approaching this. 

Unless Disney/Marvel does something 20 years from now to bring back the OG cast similar to TFA so adjusting for inflation and whatever, maybe? 

But like we are talking about an OD that’s gonna be equal to OWs of so many popular CBM and blockbusters. 

Perhaps we’ll see raw numbers like this but I don’t think we will ever comparative domination on an opening frame like this ever. Nothing like this has happened globally ever 

• Like 2

The only thing I can feasibly see surpassing this hype is a Secret Wars movie made by the Russos (who have said they want to do it) that combines both Secret Wars and Secret Wars 2 stories and has multiple realities converge. This is how they bring in the X-Men and Fantastic Four and it features the return of the OG Avengers. That could beat this. Other than that I can't see anything in the MCU that can. 

5 minutes ago, FTF said:

Back in 2015 I said nothing will beat TFA dom total for 20 years...

giphy.gif

The turnaround of the MCU in the past few years has been one for the ages. AoU dropped 30% from the Avengers, now for Avengers 4 a few years later to likely be doubling Avengers 2 and then some (both DOM and WW). 

Edited by MovieMan89

4 minutes ago, Spike071 said:

The only thing I can feasibly see surpassing this hype is a Secret Wars movie made by the Russos (who have said they want to do it) that combines both Secret Wars and Secret Wars 2 stories and has multiple realities converge. This is how they bring in the X-Men and Fantastic Four and it features the return of the OG Avengers. That could beat this. Other than that I can't see anything in the MCU that can. 

But it needs lots of time to develop if so for it to be so effective. A solid decade at least. So either way, can't see how anything touches this for like another decade. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Just got out of our third showing.  Drops in to see 150M. 

:ohmygod:

Okay, boys. We are going back in for another showing at IMAX Lincoln Center. CHRIS EVANS ON THAT SCREEEEEN 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Astonished 1