Eric S'ennui

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

In the $300m club I said I wasn't picky, that either $307m or $35m7 would do.  I lied.  I want that $357m.  But that Sunday drop is probably a bit high so I might have to settle for $360m

Next best would be $369.69m I guess that would be okay.

2 minutes ago, Sanderson said:

Longtime lurker, first time poster from Wetaskiwin here.  Endgame numbers are the only thing keeping me warm in this godforsaken icebox we live in.

It's insane. About to hop in an uber. Thought I was walking home but nope. This weather is too crazy for that, and that's coming from someone that doesn't mind walking in the elements generally.

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Coming up on ten years, Star Trek was my first Lincoln Square IMAX. Still remember the awe walking in there.

My goal is to try and make it there for Rise of Skywalker or Nolan 2020.

Last time I was in New York they were playing....Solo. :kitschjob:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, #ED said:

Here’s my ticket story. I attended the opening night 6PM IMAX showing on Thursday. I was fortunate enough to obtain 19 tickets total.

The Saturday before tickets went on sale, Lincoln Square showings began to show up on all ticket websites. I immediately went to the box office at 4PM EST and tried to purchase tickets. I was told they could not sell the tickets until the following Tuesday.

However, I decided to visit the Kiosk before leaving and was able to purchase tickets lol... I bought 19 total. It was easily the hottest ticket in NYC. I gave them to friends and co workers.

The theater immediately took the ticket sales down from the kiosks about 30 mins later(friends also tried). I was so lucky.

That's a great story! Talk about timing being everything. Be honest, seeing it in Imax did make it all that much better, right? I remember seeing TDKR in glorious Imax on OD in Liberty Science Center, and it made watching that movie all that much more glorious.

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I did Inception and TDKR there. Inception was incredible with the opening night crowd. TDKR was a little rougher seeing it with a gf who was bored.

• Sad 1

Endgame is probably my favorite film of the year, take into count that I have only seen 15-20 films this year so far but I loved it. Had a problem with but it’s definitely one of the best CBMs, one of the best recent blockbusters and it’s hard to choose between this and Black Panther. I hate sounded like I’m hyping this up but it’s true.

• Like 1

Moderation:

I just had to hide about 50 fanboy posts.  I know who/what started it but when that happens... don't reply.  Just report.

If it starts up again there will be thread bans.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, #ED said:

Not sure, but Lincoln Square has less screenings but more space to work with.

They also transformed their 2nd biggest screen into a Dolby Atmos theater. It’s insane.

Isn't the Empire a listed building, I imagine they probably couldn't do much in terms of knocking things to fit in a huge IMAX screen

26 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

So, it took 10 years after $100M OW to get to $200M, and it got just $7M past that mark. Now, 7 years later, this is not just making $300M OW, but blowing right past it, likely making at least $100M over the previous OW record set just a year ago. Does any of this make any sense?

Well, yeah, actually. 200 is +100% from 100, analogous to 200->400 rather than 200->300. If the first 400+ is in 2022 it will be right in line with the decade doubling.     

Enjoy that 2032 800M OW btw :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

WTF!? NO TEXT!?

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Isn't the Empire a listed building, I imagine they probably couldn't do much in terms of knocking things to fit in a huge IMAX screen

I believe Lincoln Square as well. Lincoln Square actually has residential locations above it. 

• Like 1