Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

So, it took 10 years after $100M OW to get to $200M, and it got just $7M past that mark. Now, 7 years later, this is not just making $300M OW, but blowing right past it, likely making at least $100M over the previous OW record set just a year ago. Does any of this make any sense?

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Just checked out my theater and based on what it's showing me, if today is $110m then I expect at least $90m tomorrow. We currently have 43 shows scheduled and 30 of them are over 80% capacity already. Even the 12:15am Dolby Cinema is 1/4 full already. 

$156M

$110M

$91M

=$357M

Perfectly balanced as all things should be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

36 minutes ago, sahmeelg said:

Disney is risking a lot of money on movies that may or may not be a hit when it comes to the remakes but they are playing the long game. They are risking to get to red for a long-term gain.

Also, as someone who majored in marketing, Disney is obviously doing remakes for the new generation. Their target market will always be children because that is where they get their money and that is where they can establish their brand, which will last a person's lifetime if things go their way. You probably grew up with their Disney classics or 2D animation, but this new generation did not. And this new generation grew up with 3D characters and great CGI as the norm. 2D animation has become somewhat stale for them compared to the other wondrous things technology has brought to them. Disney is trying to capture this new generation with their remakes through live-action and CGI because, as earlier reiterated, they grew up with CGI and 3D. And when they manage to capture their audience, the Disney brand will continue existing until a new generation comes along for them to work their magic again. It has always been the long game for Disney. 

Don't blame Disney for playing their game right. No one's stopping other studios (some owned by bigger fishes than Disney) to be successful. That is up to them. Disney's brand strategy is not exactly a secret.

Lmao you think I don’t understand why Disney is doing what they are?

Of course they’re doing it because it’s profitable, I don’t blame them for that.  But that doesn’t mean I need to support a lack of creativity and originality they perpetuate.

I also don’t get why I say something negative about Disney remaking all of their old movies and people feel like they need to defend a corporate studio, as if some forum user’s criticism is going to stop their strategy.

I also don’t buy, “ITS ABOUT THE CHILDREN!”  I grew up on movies like The Wizard of Oz even though that released way before I was born.  I didn’t need a half-assed modern remake of the Wizard of Oz to appreciate the original.

5 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Don’t mention the IMAX. Lincoln Square has the real Imax with 70mm film, as opposed to LieMax, which I refuse to pay for. Other than Liberty Science Center, I don’t know another theater in the area with real Imax. I wanted to see End Game in Imax in Lincoln Square, but the AMC app crashed, so I settled for Empire 25 ( seeing it in a regular theater at Lincoln Square woulda felt like a consolation prize). I will be seeing End Game in glorious Lincoln Square Imax before its run is done though. 

Here’s my ticket story. I attended the opening night 6PM IMAX showing on Thursday. I was fortunate enough to obtain 19 tickets total.

The Saturday before tickets went on sale, Lincoln Square showings began to show up on all ticket websites. I immediately went to the box office at 4PM EST and tried to purchase tickets. I was told they could not sell the tickets until the following Tuesday.

However, I decided to visit the Kiosk before leaving and was able to purchase tickets lol... I bought 19 total. It was easily the hottest ticket in NYC. I gave them to friends and co workers.

The theater immediately took the ticket sales down from the kiosks about 30 mins later(friends also tried). I was so lucky.

Just now, #ED said:

Here’s my ticket story. I attended the opening night 6PM IMAX showing on Thursday. I was fortunate enough to obtain 19 tickets total.

The Saturday before tickets went on sale, Lincoln Square showings began to show up on all ticket websites. I immediately went to the box office at 4PM EST and tried to purchase tickets. I was told they could not sell the tickets until the following Tuesday.

However, I decided to visit the Kiosk before leaving and was able to purchase tickets lol... I bought 19 total. It was easily the hottest ticket in NYC. I gave them to friends and co workers.

The theater immediately took the ticket sales down from the kiosks about 30 mins later(friends also tried). I was so lucky.

Why did they put the biggest IMAX in the US at Lincoln Square as opposed to a bigger vanue like Empire 25?

2 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

$156M

$110M

$91M

=$357M

Perfectly balanced as all things should be.

In the $300m club I said I wasn't picky, that either $307m or $35m7 would do.  I lied.  I want that $357m.  But that Sunday drop is probably a bit high so I might have to settle for $360m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Why did they put the biggest IMAX in the US at Lincoln Square as opposed to a bigger vanue like Empire 25?

Not sure, but Lincoln Square has less screenings but more space to work with.

They also transformed their 2nd biggest screen into a Dolby Atmos theater. It’s insane.

Just now, JB33 said:

Funny thing is that exact configuration is pretty plausible!

And, if we go with that

Avengers 1: $207M

Avengers 3: $257M $50M increase

Avengers 4: $357M $100M incresae

Avengers 5: $507M $150M increase

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Are there any other Albertans here? This fucking weather!

Longtime lurker, first time poster from Wetaskiwin here.  Endgame numbers are the only thing keeping me warm in this godforsaken icebox we live in.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is really weird I went to the same theatre both times, different show times and I got different trailers each time. Which puzzled me cause it was the same theatre.

My God the trailers that shown during the 2nd time I saw it were terrible. The trailers that were shown during Thursday night when I went with my friends were so much better.

10 minutes ago, #ED said:

Yes, that Regal E-Walk some how continues to be 2nd fiddle. It’s not even the 2nd highest grossing theater in NY. I believe that still belongs to Lincoln Square. People forgot how lucky we are to have that Lincoln Square IMAX screen. At one point(not sure if it still is)it was the biggest movie theater screen in the U.S..

I'm even luckier because I'm an AMC A-lister and Lincoln Square is an AMC theater. And AMC somehow includes the Lincoln Square Imax in its plan, which is crazy, but great.

• Like 1