Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

9 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

So it could have a pretty big drop and still do a monster second week.

IW had very mixed WOM, worse critic scores etc when GA didn't like the ending. Can't fathom it it's drop is 55.5% but it has to be big because of how front loaded that weekend was.

It it's 357.7m a 51% drop is 175m 2nd weekend. Huge drop but 4.5% better than IW

Mixed WOM for IW? lmao what

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

In regards to ending imo. 

I respectfully disagree.  I don't know what info you are basing this on though, but I just don't see it.

If the wom on the ending was 'very mixed' then Endgame wouldn't have broken the weekend record, let alone destroy it by 100m. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Deep Wang said:

I respectfully disagree.  I don't know what info you are basing this on though, but I just don't see it.

If the wom on the ending was 'very mixed' then Endgame wouldn't have broken the weekend record, let alone destroy it by 100m. 

Well besides the ending and constant nonstop pace everything else was incredible. It was bigger than End Game, fight scenes we're better, had incredible scenes and lines, so much was good. Just that damn flat ending. Probably just me being bitchy. :D

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Probably base on his personal hatred for the movie ending lmao.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys! I got into box office over the last couple of months and I’ve been lurking here since then.

I wanted my first post to be in this historic thread, so I’m just going to offer my thoughts on next weekend and Endgame’s legs in general. I think it’ll end up having great holds for a couple of reasons:

1) Statistically, A+ cinemascores have great holds, and that’s an important point even if it has been beaten to death in the previous pages. I’d also like to link this analysis (not mine, but very well done) to give some hard numbers on the correlation between a big OW and poor legs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/comments/b2pl1f/na_big_opening_weekends_do_not_cause_poor_legs/

2) Empirically, less than half of the fans I know have seen Endgame. Of those of us who have seen it, over half plan to see it again. Of casuals who’ve watched few of the movies, they keep hearing us whispering in a corner about it and asking which films they need to watch before seeing it. It’s an event now—people are going, confused or not, and the WOM is insane.

3) Looking at presales for the next week, a quick glance at my local AMCs for next Friday and Saturday are already showing some “almost full” warnings in the premium formats. Granted, I’m in Cambridge/Boston, a major metro area, but still.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ink Stain said:

Hey guys! I got into box office over the last couple of months and I’ve been lurking here since then.

I wanted my first post to be in this historic thread, so I’m just going to offer my thoughts on next weekend and Endgame’s legs in general. I think it’ll end up having great holds for a couple of reasons:

1) Statistically, A+ cinemascores have great holds, and that’s an important point even if it has been beaten to death in the previous pages. I’d also like to link this analysis (not mine, but very well done) to give some hard numbers on the correlation between a big OW and poor legs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/comments/b2pl1f/na_big_opening_weekends_do_not_cause_poor_legs/

2) Empirically, less than half of the fans I know have seen Endgame. Of those of us who have seen it, over half plan to see it again. Of casuals who’ve watched few of the movies, they keep hearing us whispering in a corner about it and asking which films they need to watch before seeing it. It’s an event now—people are going, confused or not, and the WOM is insane.

3) Looking at presales for the next week, a quick glance at my local AMCs for next Friday and Saturday are already showing some “almost full” warnings in the premium formats. Granted, I’m in Cambridge/Boston, a major metro area, but still.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Nice post for your first one!