Eric the Ape

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

21 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

His career resurgence in the past decade, is largely due to the role of Tony Stark too. It's not likely, but it would be fitting if him to get an Oscar nom for the role. RDJ is basically the "jell" that makes these movies work, and if it weren't him and Feige, and the other talented people at Marvel Entertainment, we might not even have gotten to Infinity War or Endgame. 

Iron man is still in my top 5 comic book movies. Even with the mediocre sequels he's always killed it as Tony Stark regardless of the individual or ensemble films. I would love for him to get a nom.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

So everyone is going on about CM so I will chime in. CM would have done billion without Endgame because even freaking Ant-Man did 500M+ back in the day. After IW MCU was at its peak so brand also helps. But here's the thing if CM wouldn't have been good movie people wouldn't give a shit about CM and it wouldn't have grossed 1B. Some other facts that CM is close to 1.1B now when last weekend's jump happened so yeah Endgame is helping it now but it had already crossed 1B mark. So Endgame will mostly help it's gross by 20M+ else CM would have managed it. Remember CM was first MCU female protagonist movie so that was also advantage. Now no more CM discussion and move on too AEG record breaking numbers.. 😄

Well... this is the weekend thread right? CM has potentially a chance to be the #2 or #3 movie this weekend, so I would say it is still worth discussing.

I mean how awesome would it be if Endgame can crack 300m, and number 2 behind it is CM with 10 or 11 mil. I think this is very possible. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

• Community Manager
7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is not the endgame :wtf:

Endgame is tomorrow at 1PM on XD-I even went on Fandango and bought a ticket, which I like never do. Then if I like it, see it again in IMAX.  But tonight...NFL Draft Day One.

Also Imperator: Rome just came out by Paradox. SO MANY THINGS HITTING ME AT ONCE.

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, jaybox said:

Iron man is still in my top 5 comic book movies. Even with the mediocre sequels he's always killed it as Tony Stark regardless of the individual or ensemble films. I would love for him to get a nom.

I like Iron Man 3, but yeah, he's so great in the role. The most remarkable thing about RDJ as Tony Stark, is how when he came board to Iron Man, there wasn't even a finished script. He and his cast members basically ad-libbed most of the dialogue in the film, and essentially it was saved in the casting department. 

It's amazing to know that it's been eleven years since Iron Man came out. It seems so quaint now, but we had no idea at the time, it would be the start of a long cinematic universe, and we would even get this far. As a comic book fan, I find it super fantastic. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jaybox said:

Yawn, and even when taking out adjustments Force Awakens is 936 million, far and above any Avengers movie. domestically. Even with Endgame, I'm predicting 850 million (admittedly falling for the hype), still well below that number and likely the absolute peak of the MCU (meaning that subsequent releases will be big but won't be as regarded as the OG 6). As for the bold; I'm not going to say that isn't a possibility, could happen, but it hasn't.  A Harry Potter reunion movie could break records opening weekend as could a Nolan "Dark Knight Returns" or "Batman Beyond" movie with Christian Bale reprising his role - not really into the "if" game but i'll play it. I could easily say that if Episode 9 gets in the good graces of Star Wars fans that a Knights of Old Republic trilogy would likely blast everything out the water. Also- The OT was released in the Summer originally (memorial day weekends i believe). 

Endgame, which has an argument for most hyped movie all time surpasses Force awakens 976 million, i'll say MCU has officially overtaken Star Wars in the states. Pretty simple. Until then data along with context supports that Star Wars peaked higher in the US than MCU did. 

And I gave you the reasons to why Star Wars reached such high numbers and Marvel hasn’t (over saturation of genre, streaming, more blockbusters than ever released every year etc) . MCU is and will always be bigger than that trilogy fad that hasn’t been able to satisfy its fans since the 80s. 

I don't know why, now that it is certain that it will do 1.1 billie in weekend. I am missing that excitement. Come Sunday if it do 300mn in USA, I will be like yeah whatever. That's default number.

Screw you MCU for making a billion weekend uninteresting.

Only thing that can pump up is tomorrow I am watching it. So yayy.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Haha 1

Been away for a while but had to come back and be here for this record breaking weekend!  $1b ww ow will be insane to see!  Also, for the dom OD, what’s the consensus atm?  $60m previews and $70m Fri for $130m OD?  

Seeing it in 6 hours and can’t wait!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Endgame is tomorrow at 1PM on XD-I even went on Fandango and bought a ticket, which I like never do. Then if I like it, see it again in IMAX.  But tonight...NFL Draft Day One.

Also Imperator: Rome just came out by Paradox. SO MANY THINGS HITTING ME AT ONCE.

HS! I forgot about Imperator:Rome came out! I LOVE PARADOX GAMES!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't know why, now that it is certain that it will do 1.1 billie in weekend. I am missing that excitement. Come Sunday if it do 300mn in USA, I will be like yeah whatever. That's default number.

That’s the problem with most humans. We think we want something and that it will make us happy/excited. But once it actually happens it’s always like:  “ohhh k.. nice I guess”.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stewart said:

My theatre tonight:

AKPAnM1.png

Don't think people are all that interested in Endgame really, can't even sell out IMAX? What a failure...

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cc1e228556b75466f

I don't get what's going on with Cineworld's IMAX screenings but it's obvious they are actually sold out. If you try to buy one ticket and pick a seat it says that there are no seats of this quantity available. 

1 minute ago, gadd said:

I don't get what's going on with Cineworld's IMAX screenings but it's obvious they are actually sold out. If you try to buy one ticket and pick a seat it says that there are no seats of this quantity available. 

Ah okay, makes sense. 

Also...

PSA: Japan is joining the fun:

MzJRG62.png

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3

6 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

That’s the problem with most humans. We think we want something and that it will make us happy/excited. But once it actually happens it’s always like:  “ohhh k.. nice I guess”.  

Yeah and I was wishing for that billion dollar weekend since June last year. Now it is here, I am like, "knew it". Now what.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Here's a pick-me-up

lqxH7WW.png

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

You should have reversed that lol. IMAX2D is the way to see this movie.  I saw Infinity War the first 2 times in XD and the 3rd time watching it in IMAX2D was a completely different experience. The picture looked so much better it was ridiculous. I'm not even wasting a ticket on XD this time around lol.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, AJ2k said:

You should have reversed that lol. IMAX2D is the way to see this movie.  I saw Infinity War the first 2 times in XD and the 3rd time watching it in IMAX2D was a completely different experience. The picture looked so much better it was ridiculous. I'm not even wasting a ticket on XD this time around lol.

I valued getting a good seat over getting a shitty seat. This movie is selling almost like a Nintendo console.

Almost.

• Like 1