Brainbug

Monday numbers: Endgame 10,7M

Think I’ll roll out a new feature to update daily, showing performance with the same multi off last 7 days as other 150+ MCU Apr/May openers:  

CW 632+238*.99=868M

IM3 632+238*1.15=906M

IW 632+238*1.215=921M

AoU 632+238*1.23=925M 

TA 632+238*1.57=1006M  

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Incorrect.

Disney moved it.

so.... Disney made Cameron do something he didn't want to do?

What's the saying people use about God? If he's so powerful, can he create a stone so large that he himself cannot lift it?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Think I’ll roll out a new feature to update daily, showing performance with the same multi off last 7 days as other 150+ MCU Apr/May openers:  

CW 632+238*.99=868M

IM3 632+238*1.15=906M

IW 632+238*1.215=921M

AoU 632+238*1.23=925M 

TA 632+238*1.57=1006M  

Makes me feel more confident that this will crawl to 900M.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, American Pie is better said:

My predictions:

Monday: 10.7

Tuesday:  13.8

Wednesday: 9.2

Thursday: 9

Weekdays: 42.7

Friday: 19.3

Saturday: 31

Sunday: 20.7

Weekend: 71

I think those are very realistic and would put Endgame at 735mn on day 17,  which is 7 million behind TFA's total on the corresponding day. After this day TFA legs started fading and it managed a 1.26 multiplier from its 17 day total for 936mn total.

IW's 17th day put it at 548mn and with a 1.24 additional multiplier it finished with 678mn.

So this is basically the point where Christmas magic wears out.

A very, very reasonable 1.25 additional multiplier for EG puts it at 919mn.

So if my 3rd week prediction is any accurate, a very realistic range for EG is 908-929mn.

Maybe a great Spider-man boost manages to push it over TFA?

Unlikely but I wouldn't say impossible.

a very good analysis

3 hours ago, American Pie is better said:

My predictions:

Monday: 10.7

Tuesday:  13.8

Wednesday: 9.2

Thursday: 9

Weekdays: 42.7

Friday: 19.3

Saturday: 31

Sunday: 20.7

Weekend: 71

I think those are very realistic and would put Endgame at 735mn on day 17,  which is 7 million behind TFA's total on the corresponding day. After this day TFA legs started fading and it managed a 1.26 multiplier from its 17 day total for 936mn total.

IW's 17th day put it at 548mn and with a 1.24 additional multiplier it finished with 678mn.

So this is basically the point where Christmas magic wears out.

A very, very reasonable 1.25 additional multiplier for EG puts it at 919mn.

So if my 3rd week prediction is any accurate, a very realistic range for EG is 908-929mn.

Maybe a great Spider-man boost manages to push it over TFA?

Unlikely but I wouldn't say impossible.

I wonder, is there also a chance of a bump to Endgame business if/when it passes Avatar to achieve biggest worldwide gross ever? That sort of publicity might prompt some casuals to turn out just to see what all the fuss is about with this "historic" movie.

Difficult to predict what might happen really, as a movie doesn't become the all-time record holder very often; twice in the last 25 years, isn't it?!?! 😲

i wanna go out on  a limb and say that lower 60s is going to be more likely for Endgame for the weekend. I think the rush to go see it is over and i am starting to think Detective Pikachu is going to provide more competition than expected. 

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

10 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

i wanna go out on  a limb and say that lower 60s is going to be more likely for Endgame for the weekend. I think the rush to go see it is over and i am starting to think Detective Pikachu is going to provide more competition than expected. 

That would suck. All of a sudden it would be right on par with Infinity War.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2k said:

14.2 (+33%)

8.8 (-38%)

8.2 (-7%)

= 41.9 Mon-Thu

17.6 (+115%)

30.4 (+72.5%)

21.3 (-30%)

= 69.3 (-53%)

Wednesday drop is too harsh especially if it's a weaker Tuesday bump. IMO of course.

Weekend range is just below what I'm hoping for however if the Thursday number is higher and and we use the same bumps it's almost identical.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Unlikely. DP isn't getting screens added much and isn't selling out that fast. It's doing ok.

I am also in 55% drop for endgame. Just bcos it has played gazillion screens and burned lots of demand. Most folks have caught the movie past 2 weekends. Still gross is huge for it to have soft drops. I think it will have great drop during memorial weekend and then have a good run into the summer to squeeze by 900m Domestic. That would be a phenomenal run.

Avatar WW is toast before end of this month. Avatar OS looks tough but we won’t know until late in summer. Sometimes late legs could help it hit the $2B$ OS.

That would be my prediction 900m Dom/$2B OS for 2.9B WW.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Unlikely. DP isn't getting screens added much and isn't selling out that fast. It's doing ok.

Yeah, I just posted screen counts from my local Regal theater over on the Electric Boogaloo thread, but TL;DR version is that for this Saturday, they have 50% more screenings of Endgame (22 to 15), and of those screenings, Endgame has 7 premium format showings and DP only 1.

They didn't have most showings of most movies up until within the last couple of hours, they did their screen allocation today.  They've had some showings of DP up for presale for a while, so presumably they allocated screens based on presale demand.

The 4:20 showing of DP is one that I'm certain has been available for presale for a while, and currently it is 1/6th full.

Make of that what you will.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Wow surprised you think Lion King is even in the debate. To me 2 billion would be absolute max. Looks creepy.

The first teaser was brilliant. Second is yeah, okayish.

But. The brand and original is so good, I won't be surprised at all if it tops Endgame but for that it need to do crazy good in US, China, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Japan, Australia. Actually everywhere.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Some Japanese guy having not such a great time :lol: Kong "won" that fight, yes.

Save hundreds of Godzilla gifs for a beginning. I did that and this whole forum will know what that means when May 31st approaches.

do you have these ones yet?

Kết quả hình ảnh cho flying godzilla gif

Hình ảnh có liên quan

Edited by Heroicpiglet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

I will be surprised if Endgame matches the 28.9% jump that IW had on its second Tuesday. I'm not seeing a large enough attendance boost today to counteract the discounted prices. I'm guessing a jump of maybe 20-25% unless my area is just an outlier compared to other cities.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I will be surprised if Endgame matches the 28.9% jump that IW had on its second Tuesday. I'm not seeing a large enough attendance boost today to counteract the discounted prices. I'm guessing a jump of maybe 20-25% unless my area is just an outlier compared to other cities.

I believe it will. Most MCU have a great jump on Tuesday.