grim22

Moonfall | February 3, 2022 | Lionsgate | Roland Emmerich | Movie about the moon on a collision course with Earth | Not releasing in Canada

With a 800 thousand preview and a  140 Million Budget, which means around a 250 Million breakeven point, this film will be a real life disaster for the people who invested in this fiasco.

And I am reading that Emmerich manages to kiss the ass of the Chinese Government in this film. ANother reason I ain't paying to see this tripe.

21 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

roland ememrich should stop doing disaster flicks. He has nothing to offer in this genre now. I liked his last film, but it tanked. Should do small scale films with under 50M budget. 

He has done that with Anonymous and Stonewall.

They also sucked big time and lost money.

ANonymous is one of the few films I actively hate because of the total BS history the film pushes.

On 2/2/2022 at 11:59 PM, filmlover said:

Movie hasn't even come out yet and he already mad lmao

Roland Emmerich: Marvel and 'Star Wars' Ruining Film Industry - Variety

Sorry Emmerich, you've made mostly garbage your entire career you don't get to talk shit about MCU/etc like Scorsese or Scott.

With that said, the Patriot is on Netflix right now so I watched it yesterday for the first time in 20 years and I gotta say its actually a decent movie, and probably the closest hes ever came to making a legitimate good one.  Its got very good cinematography, a great score, some gnarly well staged battle scenes/violence, tons of extras old school style, good costume design, and a glorious villain.  Its kinda amazing he directed this when you think about every other movie hes made.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Sorry Emmerich, you've made mostly garbage your entire career you don't get to talk shit about MCU/etc like Scorsese or Scott.

With that said, the Patriot is on Netflix right now so I watched it yesterday for the first time in 20 years and I gotta say its actually a decent movie, and probably the closest hes ever came to making a legitimate good one.  Its got very good cinematography, a great score, some gnarly well staged battle scenes/violence, tons of extras old school style, good costume design, and a glorious villain.  Its kinda amazing he directed this when you think about every other movie hes made.

The first Universal Soldier is solid as well, just a fun and gory 90s sci fi actioner. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 4:09 PM, Ozymandias said:

I think ID4 and Stargate were fun, but other then that I have disliked everything Emmerich has done.

Don't get me started on what pile of crap "THe Patriot" is as far as history goes. it is full of absolute howlers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Only a streamer can save Netflix. Between Midway and Moonfall, distributors around the world won't be all lined up to buy the rights to his next movie.

Actually, Emmerich has not had a sucessful movie since "2012" in 2009. Even his smaller films like Stonewall and Anonymous (which is his film I hate the most) lost money. 

But point well tiaken, That is the problem with the " we will sell the regional distribution rights off, and at least get back our investment " strategy;the distriubtors catch on after you have had a few flops and that source of money dries up.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:13 PM, dudalb said:

Don't get me started on what pile of crap "The Patriot" is as far as history goes. it is full of absolute howlers.

When my American History teacher was absent one day he had us watch The Patriot with the instruction to critique it. He was so mad about how many howlers most of the class missed. (Not me!)

Part of the problem was definitely that a lot of people thought it was just busy work to fill time when he was absent.