JB33

Monday numbers - 05/13/19 | Actuals: A: EG 4.70, PDP 3.69

Request for voters: Almost no one has voted yet in the Most Anticipated Films thread this week.

I don't care if you vote for Lion King, John Wick, Midsommar, Star Wars, Gemini Man, Terminator, or whatever, please just give me your top ten for the next 12 months over in the anticipated movies thread.

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/667-box-office-theorys-most-anticipated-films/page/369/#comments

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, richtmancharles said:

Piracy has reached new level. Offcourse Endgame is doing bad.

Are you sure you're not a alt account .... Cause I'm seriously getting Shivampa vibes from you... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

End Game is 1000% locked to beat Avatar.  It had a WW weekend of 165 million.  It needs a 2 multiplier from here to pass it.  It's a done deal.  No matter what EG ends with domestically, it can never be called a disappointment.  You can't, you are not allowed to be disappointed with legs.  It opened so much higher than any other film in history that it was not going to get Avengers legs or even CM legs.  And as has been mentioned about 100X, legs for this film don't matter.  The final tally is going to make it the second highest grossing film domestically and it will be the number one film WW.  It will have made more than 500 mill after it's opening weekend.  I think there's only four other films that have done that (TFA, Avatar, Titanic and Black Panther was close).

So really, legs should not be part of this conversation.  Not after it shattered the OW record by 100 million.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

End Game is 1000% locked to beat Avatar.  It had a WW weekend of 165 million.  It needs a 2 multiplier from here to pass it.  It's a done deal.  No matter what EG ends with domestically, it can never be called a disappointment.  You can't, you are not allowed to be disappointed with legs.  It opened so much higher than any other film in history that it was not going to get Avengers legs or even CM legs.  And as has been mentioned about 100X, legs for this film don't matter.  The final tally is going to make it the second highest grossing film domestically and it will be the number one film WW.  It will have made more than 500 mill after it's opening weekend.  I think there's only four other films that have done that (TFA, Avatar, Titanic and Black Panther was close).

So really, legs should not be part of this conversation.  Not after it shattered the OW record by 100 million.

This x 1000

• Like 1

sorry.

but yeah that edit makes no sense at all if you watched the movie. 

If that guy just wanted action he could just wait the blu-ray so all the action scenes can be shown on Youtube.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

End Game is 1000% locked to beat Avatar.  It had a WW weekend of 165 million.  It needs a 2 multiplier from here to pass it.  It's a done deal. 

it was 298-299 away from Avatar after the weekend so only 1.8x multi off the global weekend needed.

No matter what EG ends with domestically, it can never be called a disappointment.  You can't, you are not allowed to be disappointed with legs.  It opened so much higher than any other film in history that it was not going to get Avengers legs or even CM legs.  And as has been mentioned about 100X, legs for this film don't matter.  The final tally is going to make it the second highest grossing film domestically and it will be the number one film WW.  It will have made more than 500 mill after it's opening weekend.  I think there's only four other films that have done that (TFA, Avatar, Titanic and Black Panther was close).

👏👌

Edited by a2k
  • Like 3

Wonderful.
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Beating Avatar arguments are so similar to the 400+ CM arguments after it stabilized before End Game came out. Math wise they made no sense. Wonder Woman arguments at the time we're at least reasonable.

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (2) Pokémon: Detective Pikachu Warner Bros. $3,700,000 -72% 4,202 $881   $58,065,242 4
- (4) The Intruder Sony Pictures $615,000 -77% 2,222 $277   $22,180,451 11
- (10) The Curse of La Llorona Warner Bros. $170,000 -70% 1,182 $144   $51,621,753 25
- (14) Shazam! Warner Bros. $73,000 -75% 936 $78   $137,174,984 39
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

well pikachu was a bit rubbish. glad it's doing so bad!

Drop was good but it won't get the same family friendly jumps. It's a hybrid just like Shazam even more so leaning to older kids/ young adults.

• Like 1

I am starting to wonder if general audiences truly perceive Endgame to be a final chapter for the MCU as a whole and are ready to move on to other characters and stories besides MCU ones. Sure individual characters may remain popular but does anyone really think GOTG 3 will outgross GOTG 2? The same is true for FFH relative to SMH. 

I wouldn’t call it fatigue so much as graduating from high school/secondary school and moving on to the next stage in your life. Life changes and it’s time for something new.

• Haha 1