sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

I’m half-way through my double feature today and the fight choreography in John Wick is insane. The cameo from Jerome Flynn (Bronn from Game of Thrones) was a pleasant surprise. Quite the entertaining flick.

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

I don't know anything about the plot of JW3, but I've read from some people that things that happen could make JW4 heavily anticipated. Idk, either way, I still sort of see this being the peak of the franchise box office wise, especially if it goes over 60-65M. If the fourth comes out in 2021, I could definitely see it having a 50/150 type run, but I don't see how it could top this. 

Only franchise I see increasing in the next few years is Jurassic World 3, which I legit think will do 100M more than Fallen Kingdom

Sorry to Brainbug in advance but I think JW3's going to have a JP3-tier drop.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Even though the M:I series is PG13, I'm liking the comparisons between "Fallout" and "Parabellum" as far as this weekend.  "Fallout" did about 61.    

M:I FO

21 -6

17 -20

I think it did 6 Million previews too.   If JW3 does hit 25 today, than over 60 is looking good because it would be ahead of "M:I FO".  

Fallout has a summer Sunday, but being careful about that I like this comp.

42 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Paramount should beg Lionsgate to allow a crossover with Mission Impossible. Spider-Man 3 type plot where they find out the "real" killer of Wick's dog was Ethan Hunt, only for it to be a misunderstanding. John Wick spends the first two acts coming after Ethan, in probably the best cat-and-mouse movie EVER. Then in the final act it is revealed that Ethan was set up, and the two of them team up to take out the real villain. 

150M OW would happen

Give me this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Not even watching the trailer. He also filmed it pre-#MeToo, and he donated his salary to RAINN, so he's still gucci

you're right before then i'm sure he had no idea what the accusations against woody allen were. they were pretty well buried.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

mission 6 definitely better than wick 3. fallout does a pretty great job of escalating its action throughout and wick 3 blows its wad on the best stuff in the first act.

Disagree completely.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1