antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 4 | March 24, 2023 | RIP Lance Reddick

52 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I like arguing about whether or not it's realistic the club patrons would keep dancing in a movie series about a secret underground assassination society lol

A far fetched plot doesn’t excuse them for making silly decisions that take you out of the film ;) the whole Berlin section could’ve saved them a lot of runtime actually. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

A far fetched plot doesn’t excuse them for making silly decisions that take you out of the film ;) the whole Berlin section could’ve saved them a lot of runtime actually. 

There are two ways you can look at it.  The first is that it's a mistake and they overlooked it or whatever it is about it that took you out of the film.  The second is that this is just something that happens in this universe of assassins. 

They did it in the very first movie!  He shot a couple dudes, in the head, on a dance floor and people keep dancing!  

He shot a dude in the head on a stage in front of a crowd in the second one and the crowd cheered lmao

Edited by Deep Wang

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

But Berlin's plot actually draw the most intense-reaction in my theater hall for the Cantonese's curse. The curse was brutal that even the English subtitle seem to downplay the intensity of the curse. 

Saw this Saturday and quite enjoyed it. Didn't feel the runtime. My crowd laughed quite a bit (in a good way, I think? But, also, some of it was a bit maybe unintentionally funny like the dance party scene? I'm not 100% sure if that was supposed to be funny or not, but I liked it...dance on,  you weird Euro youth!).  For me, these movies work really well if I don't take it seriously and can just sit back and enjoy the satisfaction of the violence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

make every action scene 25% shorter and you have a much better movie

was getting a bit tired at the beginning of the paris sequence, making the movie even longer seems like a not-great idea,

On 6/10/2023 at 12:56 PM, interiorgatordecorator said:

a bit confused by the sheer amount of letterboxed users who went around claiming this was a 5/5

If you watched this in theaters especially IMAX you will see why. I watched it 4 times in theaters. A true masterpiece.

I mean even Interstellar can feel boring if you watch at home... lol.