antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 4 | March 24, 2023 | RIP Lance Reddick

Yeahhh since the runtime for this dropped and the caginess around 5 happening...I've suspected they combined both movies into this one. A more closed off ending vs the cliffhangers of 2/3, a fitting finale if theyd like to but with room to make more later if they want as well.

As much as I adore these, I think Chad needs the break to pursue some of his 100 in development projects first lol.

• Like 2

>one of the best and most consistent movie series ever- Indiewire

> crescendo to one of the great action franchises in cinema history - The Playlist

Im actually really excited to see this, but sheesh 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

I thought it was a bit overpacked for a movie, but it was very entertaining and the action is as crazy as ever. Probably could have told it's story a bit quicker. Some really huge setpieces and excellent editing. The cinematography was really good, there was a few scenes with the few of neon lights that was cool and the stunts are really clear/clean as usual for this franchise. If you liked the previous 3 I cannot see why you won't like this one as well. 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I thought it was a bit overpacked for a movie, but it was very entertaining and the action is as crazy as ever. Probably could have told it's story a bit quicker. Some really huge setpieces and excellent editing. The cinematography was really good, there was a few scenes with the few of neon lights that was cool and the stunts are really clear/clean as usual for this franchise. If you liked the previous 3 I cannot see why you won't like this one as well. 

BOZ HAS SPOKEN, EVERYONE!!!

barack-obama-president-obama.gif

Is 60M OW too high of a prediction for this? I can see it performing better than 3, but not by a substantial amount. The films have a built in audience for us action aficionados who enjoy practical stunts and polished action sequences. I just don't think it'll ever have a huge breakout similar to something like the Deadpool series. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

Edited by ThePhasmid

11 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Why is this movie almost 3 hours long, even longer than Dune?

The long run time is going to discourage many people from even seeing it, when a 2 hour runtime would have been much better.

Anyone turned off by the runtime of this probably wouldn't have interest in watching the other John Wick movies anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

The long run time is going to discourage many people from even seeing it, when a 2 hour runtime would have been much better.

I disagree. I think the runtime makes me want to see it more 

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Not really. Villeneuve's 3 hours and other directors' 3 hours are not the same thing though. It shoud be a lot tighter/more eventful long movie, so if it's great, it should do great even with its runtime.